Merlin and Arthur, A set of Oneshots

Inability To Love

"Arthur I really can't do this right now." Merlin groaned, pushing his overgrown fringe out of his eyes.
Arthur scoffed, unimpressed, he was always unimpressed.
"Oh so when you dont want to fight i'm expected to just drop it am I?! I guess I should just do whatever you tell me to like a good little house pet, because thats all i am to you right? A freaking lap dog who should abide by your every freakin word!?"
Arthur was angry, the vein in his neck pulsing as he blocked the front door so Merlin couldnt leave.

Merlin took a deep breath, pushing down the boiling lava that was running through his veins, he was a ticking time bomb but he didnt want to explode, not when he had work in an hour, not when the neighbours were hovering outside their apartment.
Deep breaths, in and out, feel the calm sweeping through your body.

"I'm your BOYFRIEND Merlin! You cant just use and abuse me! I'm not disposable. I need your attention away from the bedroom I..."

Oops too late, he blew up.

"Arthur you've known me for years, you knew what you were getting yourself into, HELL you pleaded with me to go on a date with you! I don't do clingy, I don't do touchy feely and I don't do commitment. But you begged, you said you didn't care, that you wouldn't try and change me. And you know I don't say those words you want me to say." he paused slightly, taking a deep breath before continuing, Arthur stayed silent slouching slightly knowing that what Merlin was saying was true, "Arthur isn't the fact that I'm yours and I'm faithful enough?" Merlin sighed wearily, his eyes locked on those of his lover, bright blue, sad.

"You say it to Gwaine." his words sliced through the atmosphere like a knife.
Merlin had to shut his eyes from the hurt so obvious in Arthur's voice.
"Gwaine and I, well I can't really explain that, we've known eachother for twenty years, he's my best friend,"
Merlin sighed, he seemed to be doing that alot lately. Gwain and his relationship was a totally different story to theirs.
Arthur huffed out the air in his lungs, running his long fingers through his deisheveled golden hair, before meeting his boyfriends eyes.

"I love you Merlin, you're my, well you're my everything and I, er, guess the fact that Im not your everything is hard to swallow." he managed to choke out over the lump in his throat, his eyes flicking back to his sock clad feet, shoulders slumped, so different from the prince Merlin had met all those years ago.

Merlin took a step forward wrapping his skinny arms around Arthur's shaking form, nuzzling his face into his neck, trying to keep them both in one piece.
After a few seconds Arthur relaxed slightly, hesidently threading his arms around his boyfriend before clinging to him as if his life depended on it.

"You are my world Arthur, my boyfriend, my better half. Gwaine's my best friend, practically my brother. You have nothing to worry about. Im your's. I just wish that was enough."

And it would be, for while any how, untill the secret smiles and knowing looks would become too much, the scent of another man too obvious and the silence between them too loud. Then Arthur would once again need three words he would never recieve.
♠ ♠ ♠
sad, i know but i like writing emotional pieces