The Journal of Raccoon City Police Officer Jack Maydach

Information

Zombie
1 The zombie was the primary goal of the T-virus.
2 It moves relatively slowly searching for living flesh to feast on.
3 Their main weapon is their teeth.
4 After a long period of time the necrotising effects of the virus break down the body until it begins to fall apart, decreasing the B.O.W’s potential risk.
5 The proper procedure for disabling a zombie is to damage its muscles enough so that they can no longer function or to sever its spinal cord to prevent nerve impulses reaching the muscles, otherwise you risk it becoming a more powerful Crimson Head.
6 This usually takes a few weeks to occur. The most dangerous aspect of this B.O.W is the rate of infection; it only takes a small transference of blood or saliva to infect another person.

Crimson Head
1 This is the second stage of the zombie.
2 If a zombie is severely injured, but has not actually had its spinal cord severed, the cells will start to repair themselves.
3 Under extreme pressure the body can make mistakes when replicating DNA strands.
4 This leads to mutations much like radiation sickness.
5 As the T-virus is now incorporated into the RNA of the host, the mutations are more controlled and much more aggressive.
6 After a long period of time subjects have regenerated enough tissue to be able to move again.
7 They also begin to develop claws and the skin becomes a distinctly crimson hue.
8 Muscle mass is greatly increased and some higher brain functions are restored.
9 This gives these B.O.Ws enough coordination to be able to run.
10 Their claws are far more effective than the rudimentary zombie’s teeth.
11 Decapitation is necessary to permanently disable it.

Proto Licker
1 In extreme circumstances a Crimson Head can mutate into a Licker naturally, usually caused by exposure to high concentrations of the T-virus over long periods of time.
2 This is extremely rare, as very few Crimson Heads survive long enough to incubate the virus for the amount of time required.
3 Only once has this event ever occurred, during the Raccoon City incident.
4 The subject’s skin turns bright crimson and the trademark tongue begins to develop.
5 The claws also develop further.
6 It is more resistant to small arms fire than the artificially created Lickers but it is still no stronger than most Hunters.

Licker
1 This B.O.W can be created artificially by directly injecting a zombie with the T-virus.
2 This can also occur naturally when a Proto-Licker is continuously exposed to the T-virus.
3 This B.O.W is almost reptilian in appearance.
4 It features an overdeveloped tongue that is capable of piercing a man’s torso.
5 Its claws are extremely sharp and can slice a man’s throat open with surprising ease.
6 Powerful guns or explosives are recommended when killing one.
7 They have been sighted in Raccoon City and Sheena Island.
8 Unfortunately this B.O.W has some inherent weaknesses.
9 It navigates using its extremely sensitive hearing due to the fact that it is blind.
10 Whilst this serves the creature quite well, targets can avoid it simply by standing still and waiting for the creature to move out of earshot.
11 It also has an exposed cerebellum making it relatively easy to kill.
12 This B.O.W is extremely agile and, unlike the Hunter, can climb walls giving it an advantage over most targets.
13 Research on this B.O.W was abandoned in favor of the Hunter.

Hunter
1 It is easily identifiable due to its reptilian appearance.
2 It is created when the T-virus is directly introduced into human DNA through gene therapy; reptilian DNA is also added.
3 The Hunter is far more expensive and takes longer to create than some of the simpler B.O.Ws.
4 All Hunters possess incredible speed and agility.
5 Their strength is matched only by their ferocity.
6 Hunters use their claws and teeth when attacking.

Crow
1 This B.O.W was created through accidental contamination.
2 They attack in flocks, usually targeting the victim’s eyes and face.
3 They are easily killed by just a few bullets, but they move quicker than normal making them hard to hit.

Cerberus
1 this B.O.W is a Doberman infected with the T-virus, increasing its strength, agility and aggressiveness.
2 One of the earlier experiments, it was considered too ineffective compared to other B.O.Ws.
3 Most Cerberi are now created through accidental infection.
4 Due to the necrotic effects of the T-virus, their bodies are deteriorating and they are easily put down by any type of handgun.
Nemesis
1 Nemesis is one of the deadliest B.O.Ws ever created.
2 Part of the Tyrant Project, the NE-T virus was used in its conception at the main Umbrella Facility in Paris.
3 The first Nemesis was created when the NE-Alpha was inserted into the spine of a T-103; this was the Nemesis T-type.
4 The parasite stimulates the T-virus cells and catalyses the formation of new brain cells; this allows the parasite to gain control of the host’s brain.
5 In effect a second brain is formed, with all lower brain operations including control of the major organs and motor functions.
5 Over time the NE-Alpha parasite will take over all bodily functions.
6 Four compatible subjects were found, but during the mutation process one of the Nemeses maintained the ability of independent thought; whether it was the parasite that was responsible or the host, it was never found out as the subject tried to escape and was destroyed immediately.
7 The remaining Nemeses were given inhibitors that would limit the NE-Alpha’s growth when it reached maturity.
8 This new modified Nemesis was classified the Nemesis T-02.
9 Due to the fact that only 1 in 60,000,000 people have DNA that is compatible with the virus, Nemesis is an extremely rare B.O.W.
10 For all intents and purposes Nemesis is completely indestructible; most conventional weapons have no effect on it and explosives only succeed in rendering it unconscious.
11 It uses the same ‘scent’ program as the T-103s, enabling it to hunt down targets over large distances.
12 Unlike other Tyrants, Nemesis is sentient; it actually has a concept of what its mission is and it is able to improvise in situations.
13 It is also able to use weaponry.
14 Nemesis was issued with a modified C90-CR rocket launcher, which was used to great effect.
15 Standing over nine feet tall, Nemesis wears the standard trench coat issued to Tyrants, which hides a mass of tentacles capable of infecting victims with the NE-T virus.
16 The NE-T virus affects the central nervous system of the victim and can cause mild paralysis.
17 If the victim should die, the NE-T virus contains enough T-virus cells to reanimate the victim, which increases the chances of the T-virus being spread.
18 Unlike the T-103s, Nemesis is extremely agile, capable of jumping several stories and outrunning any human. Its strength exceeds that of a T-103.
19 Nemesis was designed to secrete a substance that would increase its cell metabolism in order to counter any heavy attacks and recover from wounds; the downside would be more increasingly unstable mutations.
20 Its attack patterns include wrapping its tentacles around its victim and throwing them against walls.
♠ ♠ ♠
many of you who know anything about resident evil of course know that there is no Mike Lopez in the S.T.A.R.S unit. he's there because he has his own story of what happened and is now in the process of finishing his. i'll ask him if he would like me to post it and if i can hopefully you guys will also want to read it! thanks so much for your support :)