Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

I Know, Gerard

The school let all of the students out early.

Gerard had already left. He didn't say bye or anything else to me. Did he still suspect me?

I headed home quickly, wanting to see if Gerard wanted to IM me.

When I arrived I was about to head into my room, but my dad stopped me.

"Frank."

"Yeah, dad?" I asked slowly, not knowing what to say after our last argument.

"Your mother has a high risk of getting laid off. I just thought you'd want to know." He answered with no emotion in his voice, then turned back to the TV.

I just stood there. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to say something, but I knew dad wouldn't listen to me. Instead I just went up to my room, pushing the news to the side.

I logged onto IM and saw that Gerard had sent me a message.

Gerard says:
Frank?

I quickly typed back.
I'm here. The school let us off because of what happened. I'm sure you knew that, though. You left without a word to me. What happened? Are you okay?

My mind went back to the information I had found on the internet. It was a curse... That meant someone had placed it on him. That meant he had probably done something really bad to deserve the curse. Or maybe it ran in the family.

My thoughts were interrupted by my computer dinging.

Gerard says:
Sorry I rushed off.. I guess I just got scared, you know? I'm fine, though. Are you okay?

I say:
Yeah, I know. I'm glad you're fine. I don't want to see anything happen to you. I'm okay, just still curious about what exactly happened.

Gerard says:
I'm glad you're okay, too. I would be really hurt if something happened to you, too. I'm curious, too, but I'm sure the police could figure it out.

I took a deep breath. I was going to tell him what I found.

I say:
Gerard, I know... You have a curse placed on you. You did it. You killed him.

I waited for Gerard's reply, but when the computer dinged the only thing it said was:
Gerard has disconnected.