Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

The End.

I awoke when a large plume of air found its way into my lungs, causing me to gasp and sit up quickly. No one was around, though. Not a single soul. I was still lying on the kitchen floor, in front of me a pile of ashes lay. I suddenly remembered what exactly had happened with a gasp and ran out the door and towards Frank's house. I had to explain everything. Tell him I was sorry and how stupid I was. I prayed he would forgive me, but my heart told me he wouldn't.

Knocking on the door loudly, a woman answered. She had tears pouring down her cheeks and a tissue in her right hand. "Yes? Are you a friend of Frankie's?" She asked with a loud, disgusting sounding sniffle.

"Yeah. I have to tell him something important. Is he home?" I asked, trying to peek past her into the house to see if I could find the short little guy.

"Y-you don't know?" She asked, giving me a confused look. She couldn't read my expression to see if I was playing a cruel prank, as my glasses had been replaced over my eyes. My guess was, mom had done it, but I couldn't be for sure.

I shook my head, tilting it slightly and giving her a confused look in return. "What's going on?"

"Frank is dead. He killed himself three days ago." She said. "What's your name, anyway?"

My heart sank and tears filled my eyes. Frank was... Dead? He killed himself? That couldn't be right. He wouldn't do that. Even though I hadn't known him for very long, I knew him well enough to know that he was strong enough to not kill himself.

"Gerard." I whispered and walked away, my head hanging low and tears falling. That was it? The boy I thought I might have a chance with, the boy that actually knew my secret, and my stupidity had caused him to kill himself.

I had killed the boy I had grown to love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-da? I don't know, I just feel as if all my chapters went downhill. This story has been around for a year and my writing has changed drastically, so hopefully the sequel to this will be much better. *yes, I did say sequel!