Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

6

I walked home, grinning like an idiot.

Gerard.

The mysterious boy. The beautiful mysterious boy. I liked him. I really liked him.

As I walked to the door of my house, my dad walked up behind me.

"You look happy, son." He commented, getting out the house key and taking a look at my face.

I grinned even wider.

"I am. Very."

"Why?" Dad asked.

"I met someone. Someone special."

"Is he good to you?" Dad asked.

Dad knew that I was homosexual and he fully accepted it. In fact, he had actually allowed me to kiss my boyfriends in front of him. It was creepy, but it made me happy that he wasn't against it like other people's parents.

"He's very good to me." I answered.

"Good. I don't want to have to kick anybody's ass for hurting you."

"Don't worry, dad." I laughed, following him through the now open door. "Where's mom?"

"She had to work over. Got to make extra money somehow." Dad answered, suddenly seeming uncomfortable.

"What is it?" I asked.

Dad sighed. "Son... It's hard to say this, but... I got laid off."

"WHAT? But your the best worker there!" I half yelled.

"Evidently not to my boss, son. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make a sandwich and lay down." He said, walking away.

I sunk down on the couch, disbelieving what my father just told me.

If mom got laid off, I could lose everything... Including Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't even see the point to this chapter, but I had to update, so ENJOI!!!