Sequel: Lost in Paradise

Can I See You Now?

8

Gerard comes up with the best ideas. I smiled at the screen at Gerard's brilliant idea. Well, anyone could have thought of it, but since Gerard had been the one to come up with the idea, it made it so much better.

Frank said:
Thank you so much for the great idea, Gee!

I then shut my computer off and left my room to find dad and tell him the idea.

"Hey dad." I said, once I found him in his room, quietly listening to Guns 'N Roses.

"Hello, son." He said, not looking at me.

I sighed. He thought I was ashamed of him for being laid off. I wasn't. I loved my dad.

"Dad, you know that I'm not mad at you, right?" I asked.

He looked down.

"It's not you I'm worried about. It's your mother. This adds onto the stress she has."

I sat down beside him on his bed.

"Mom loves you, she won't be mad about this. And whatever stress there is, I'm sure we can overcome it. We're a family."

Dad shrugged.

"I don't know, son. All that stuff that had happened in Salem really fucked with the whole 'family thing'."

I was taken about for two reasons.

1. Dad never cursed. Let alone in front of me.

2. He was blaming me for what had happened back in Salem where I used to live.

"You had said that none of that was my fault." I muttered.

"Well it was. If not for you, I wouldn't have had to transfer jobs, now getting laid off. If not for you I wouldn't be stressed out all the time. If not for you we wouldn't even be here. Why did you have to come out about who you were? Didn't you know that it would tear up the entire fucking family? You know that my own mother and father, and your mother's mother and father won't talk to us now, right?" Dad said quickly.

My mouth dropped open.

"I-I'm sorry. You guys-"

"Don't try to blame anyone else. It's your fault!" Dad growled, quickly got up and left the room, leaving me sitting on the bed looking as if I had just been slapped.