Status: IN PROGRESS.

Never Seen It Before

That I couldn't ignore

“Thanks Quil for inviting me to the bonfire tonight” I thanked him as he walked with me to the beach.

“No problem” As we continued walking with him explaining the reservation. Quil had invited me to the bonfire while he and his friends helped me move the furniture around my house.

“And even if I hadn’t, I’m sure Jacob or Embry would have”.

I shook my head at his comment as we got to the beach and he introduced me to everyone near our age. I had met Jacob and Embry this afternoon when they showed up with Quil to
help me move the things around the house.

“So you’re the new girl that everyone’s talking about” someone noted coming up to Jacob, Embry, Quil and I. I usually didn’t talk to guys who were this cocky, but something about him seemed different. I wanted to get to know him better already.

“Aria, meet Paul. Paul this is Aria” Embry introduced us to each other before Quil left due to someone calling his name.

“What brings you to La Push?” he questioned with a smile.

“My grandma” I answered shortly.

“So you’ll be going to school on the Rez or at Forks?”

“The school on the reservation. It’s a bit closer that way I won’t have to wake up as early” I reasoned.

“Great, so I’ll be seeing your lovely face at school all day.” he smirked.

“Are you always such a flirt or is it just with new girls?” I mimicked his smirk.

Sending me a smile, “Only with the pretty girls”

“I should be flattered shouldn’t I?” I assumed playing his game.

He nodded, “All girls that I talk do”

“Well then I guess I’ll be different this time, because so far I’m everything but flattered. Embry, Jake I think we should go get something to eat” I offered before we left Paul behind.
“You are our hero. We’ve never seen a girl put Paul down like that. You’re like a goddess” they claimed.

Grabbing a soda I looked at them, “Don’t give me too much credit, I just know how to handle guys like him”

“Doesn’t matter, we’ll worship that memory forever” they grinned causing me to laugh.

“You guys give me too much credit” I shook my head as we took a seat near the fire before the elders, as Jacob had mentioned started telling the tribe’s legends.

Eventually I must have started dozing off since I found myself getting softly shaken by Jake who had been the one to sit next to me, “What time is?” I asked him softly.

“Around midnight, the bonfire went a bit later than usual. Do you need me to walk you home?” he inquired.

“No, it’s alright. My house isn’t that far from here. It’ll be a five minute walk. I’ll be fine. But thanks though” I hugged him.

“Alright, are we still hanging out tomorrow?” We walked towards the parking lot.

“Yeah, I’ll call you when I wake up” I smiled before hugging him again.

I made it to my house before simply crashing on the couch and going back to sleep, I woke up a few hours later around eight or nine.

Today was the first day I could enroll myself at the high school, so I guessed I could do that and then hang out with the guys today.

Making my way to the school after I showered and got ready, I managed to turn all my paper work in and get settled in at the school. The secretary assured me that there would be no problem with me starting school at the end of August and that all my paper’s were up to date and turned in.

Making my way to Quil’s place I found Embry and Jacob walking down the other end of the street. “What a surprise, what are you guys doing here?”.

“Well we were actually hanging out with our friend Quil, but since you’re here. I guess we could all head to the beach.”

“Well then boys, I hope you realize that I would have to stop at my place right?” I reminded them.

“You go home. Get ready and we’ll stop by your place to get you” Embry thought aloud.
“Alright. I’ll see you in ten minutes” I warned them.

~~~~~

“Paul, whatcha doing here?” I walked up the steps to my house and unlocked my front door.
“I was wondering what you were doing tomorrow night” he scratched the back of his head.

“As of right now, nothing. Why?” I questioned.

“Maybe I could take you out on a date”

“Paul, now we both know I’m not the type of gal to go out with conceited guys like you”

“Look last night I was just putting on a show for Jacob and Embry, but you seem like the type of girl to not judge a book by its cover” he used my own words against me.

“Touché, I guess your right. So what were your plans for tomorrow night then?” I inquired.

“Maybe a movie and dinner? Something simple to get to know each other?” offering he sent me a smile.

"Well then, I’ll see you tomorrow at seven” I told him before walking into my house and closing the door behind me so I could get ready for my beach day.

~~~~~
“I can’t believe you and Paul are going on a date” Embry repeated as I told them how Paul had been waiting for me.

“Well he was right; I’m not the one to judge someone by first impressions. I’m not going to be rude” I mumbled as I laid out on my towel while Jacob and Quil threw a football around.

“Just don’t come to us complaining that he was a major dick and flirted with other girls all night” Embry laughed sarcastically.

“Thanks for the support Embry” I muttered letting the sun hit my skin.