Status: Typing :)

Pretty Red Pumpkin Skittles.

Chapter Eighteen

-Frank’s P.O.V.-
“So this is my place…” I smile and move out the way, letting Mikey in.
“It’s cute…” He smiled.
I lead him into the front room, sit down on the couch and turn my laptop on. I watch as Mikey looked at the pictures. Shit.
“Who’s that?” Mikey turned smiling at me.
“Which one...” I bite my lip and walk over.
“Him… it’s a lovely picture…” He pointed to one of the images.
“Oh… my ex…” I chew my lip and go back to the laptop. “Does pizza sound good?”
“…It’s a wedding picture isn’t it?” Mikey asked and sat next to me.
“Yes…” I sigh and ordered pizza online.
“What happened?” he asked watching me.
“He left me…” I sigh again and fill in my details.
“Oh… I’m sorry.” He frowned.
“Don’t be… pizza will be here soon.” I smile and close the laptop. “Want a drink?”
“Uh, a soda will be nice.” Mikey nodded.
I nod and walk into the kitchen, cursing at myself. I grab us both a can of coke each, thinking if I should explain more to him or not. I walk back into the front room, to find him smiling up at me. I hand him his drink and sit back next to him.
“What happened? If you don’t mind me asking…” He smiled again and opened his can.
Looking down at my can, I open it and take a large swig. ’Dr. Thomas said I should talk about it.’
“Ok, but just listen, ok? No words…” I look up at him. He just nods and takes a sip of his drink. I nod back and look back down. “His name is Eric… We met about six years ago. We were together for two years, when he proposed to me.” I smile a little. “Two years after that, we got married… We were happy. We brought this place together, got a puppy, played happy families. We were going to adopt…” I take a sip. “We were going to be an actual family. Then last year, he started to complain that I wasn’t into our marriage… That I spent too much time at work… That I didn’t want him… Which is a load of crap. I wanted him so fucking bad.” I chew my lip and sigh. “I was so in love with him. I worked, to pay for our life. But he didn’t see it that way. So, I surprised him. I got Jake to close up for me and I came home early. I did as any good husband would. I brought chocolates, strawberries… all the nice things…” I feel a tear fall down my cheek and hear a knock at the door.
“I’ll get it… stay here…” Mikey whispers, stands up and walking out of the room.
I wipe the tear away and gulp a mouthful of my drink. Seconds later, he walks back over to me, places the pizza box on the table and smiles at me.
“I know you said not to talk… but I want you to be comfortable doing this…” He puts his hand over mine.
“I need to, otherwise I can’t move on.” I turn my hand and touch his. “So, I’ll continue, if you don’t mind.” I try to smile and he nods, smiling back. I look down at our hands and notice the obvious tan line where my ring was. “I wanted to surprise him… be all romantic. I came home, set up our treat, with a single rose all on a tray.” I feel my hands start to shake a little. “I went into our bedroom… to find him… with another guy.” I laugh a little and shake my head, taking my hand away from his. “Why do guys have this fucking need to cheat on me?” I look up at him. He looks down at his feet. “He tried to say sorry… tried to make it all better… but his heart wasn’t in it. That day, he left me… with his new boyfriend.” I take the ring out of my pocket. “We have officially been divorced for 3 months now… And I only took this off today…” I sigh and put my hand on his cheek. “Look at me.” He looks up a little. “I’m going to be honest with you right now… I wanted to hurt you… That’s why I said we could meet up… come here. I wanted to fuck you, maybe for a week… give your son that tattoo, and leave my mark in your life. Then kick you to the curb… fuck you over.” I groan and pull my hand away. “But I can’t do that. I can’t hurt someone… not like that. I’ve been hurt too much. I just want to have someone love me and be with me…” I feel a few tears fall down my cheeks. “I hope you understand. I don’t want to hurt you.”
“I am so sorry Frank…” Mikey whispers and puts his hand forward to mine. “I really didn’t want to hurt you. You don’t have to believe me, but it’s the truth. I hated myself so much for what I did to you that night… I will completely understand if you do want to hurt me back. But I am truly sorry. I wanted to meet you today, to say that. I miss you. We had something and I fucked that up.”
I look up at him. Thinking what I can possibly say to him. I can feel the anger building higher and higher in my mind. I want to hurt him. I want to hurt Eric. I want them to feel like I do… Ten years have passed. I have missed him too. I place my ring on the coffee table and look back up at him.
“Yes you did.” I finally reply. I place my hand on his hair and stroke it a little. “Mikey… I… I hated you so much… But I didn’t lie when I said I missed you too.” I grip onto his hair and drag his head to mine. I let my lips linger at his. “I don’t want to hurt you. Just promise me, you won’t hurt me again.”
“I promise.” He looks me straight in the eyes, breathing heavily against my lips.
“Good.” I feel more tears running down my cheeks as I kiss him, hard and heavily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right, first off, sorry this has taken me like FOREVER to write. But it is here.
I can't say when the next chapter will be on here, as well, look how long it took for this one.
I am currently going through so much shit in my life and will just try to find time every now and again to disappear into fanfiction world. Even if it's just one line at a time.
I hope you understand.
Thanks :)
ENJOY.