Untitled

one/one

“I like it.”

Jack traces his finger along the thin lines of Zack’s newest tattoo. They’re lying in Jack’s bunk, Jack with his back against the wall and Zack on his stomach right next to him. He has his arm stuck out to show Jack his newest ink, biting his lower lip as he waits for his reaction.

“I like the colors so far,” Jack adds softly, looking up and meeting Zack’s eyes. “Why do you look so nervous?”

“I don’t know,” Zack admits, pulling his arm back and sighing as he rolls over onto his back. He stares up at the bunk above him, “I thought you weren’t going to like it.”

“Well that’s stupid.” Jack laughs lightly and wraps one arm around Zack’s waist, letting his head rest on his chest. “You shouldn’t care if I like it or not.”

“I care what you think.”

Jack knows how much Zack loves all of his tattoos – they all mean something to him. And he also knows that Zack is a private person. Despite the fact that Jack is his boyfriend and has been for the past six months, Jack knows he’s not guaranteed to get an explanation for each tattoo that Zack has. Every time that Zack comes back with a new one, he’s learned to just smile and ask to see it – not ask about what it means. That’s where the other two boys go wrong. They question what they mean and question why he gets them and Zack gets annoyed. They probably should have learned by now but Rian and Alex are oblivious.

“Well, I love it,” Jack assures him, squeezing his waist and pulling him somehow even closer.

“It’s not finished. It’ll have to get done next time we’re back here.”

“Hopefully within the next two years,” Jack jokes. “But either way, it looks nice even unfinished.”

Zack sighs, “You can tell me if you don’t really like it, you know. I wouldn’t be mad or anything.”

Jack rolls his eyes and sits up slightly. His eyes meet Zack’s and he glares playfully before pressing their lips together for a brief kiss. “Stop asking me, it’s your body. They’re your tattoos. As long as you’re happy with them, then so am I.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)