41 Days in High School

Day Three

Lee JinKi's diary...

Today the pianist in choir assigned us our permanent seats, on the third day. She had made us (part twos') go stand next to her and sing from measure 14 of "Inscription of Hope", I sit all the way to the back. On the highest level, JongHyun got seated right in front of me. The actual choir teacher then announced the best singers were in the back. JongHyun then shouted he was in the middle to level all the voices in the second row. Not surprising.

110922

JinKi looked up at the three girls that had been stalking him for the past days, their names were Leslie, Brittany, and Cynthia. Cynthia was the giggly one, blonde hair and brown eyes; really short. Leslie was probably the stupidest, blond hair, really tall, and brown eyes.

Brittany was the head, the leader. Jonghyun would always flirt with her to get information.

She had black hair, wore red contacts and had her teeth sharpened. Oh how JinKi was afraid of her.

"Look, stop stalking me, say hi or something," all but one giggled, the one named Brittany, "these two really wouldn't shut up if they start."

"I can tell," JinKi rolled his eyes, "why have you been stalking me, ever since I got into choir."

"Good voice, good looks, who wouldn't?"

The girl who had said this was Soo Young, JinKi had turned pink in a matter of seconds.

The three stalkers would make noises as if this were a sickening scene, "I haven't spoken to you in the longest, want to come to my house."

Was this it?

Was this all in JinKi's mind?

Oh it was real.

"He's busy tonight with Luna unni," Cynthia twisted her blond hair, blowing a bubble with her pink gum, "they are going to study, and I think it is a lie."

"Oh, well, okay." Soo Young smiled, "Some other time then."

"Yeah sure."

JinKi was in another little world, none of the girls enjoyed that.

"Snap out it, idiotic baboon," he felt a hand run across his shoulder, it was Cynthia's.

"Don't ever be alone with her, or even talk to her," Leslie commanded.

"Bu-"

"But nothing, you've been here two or three days and you fall in love," Brittany ended the other girl's statement.

"I knew her back in Korea, in seventh grade. She then moved here to go to high school."

All three stalkers replied, "Ah, so that's how come you know her."

"Yeah, and well-"

"Well nothing, she's changed and planned some things," Brittany then laid her hand on his shoulder, "JinKi boy, let's just say we have some talking to do."

JinKi was a organized all the time, the only time he isn't organized is when he is at home.
His room, an average teenage boy's room. Clothes scattered on the floor, bags of chips on the computer desk. What looked like an ocean of books were lazily thrown on a dresser, papers everywhere. This was more like an average "high schooler's" room.

He opened up his geometry book and ripped out a paper from his notebook, he wrote down all the equations he needed and shut the book. He worked quietly by himself and finished up within 20 minutes. He grinned at the fact that his teachers weren't really fans of homework.

It was awfully quiet around this time. He was always home alone, his parents always came home late. Therefore causing JinKi to become independent and adult-like. Any teenager would love his life, they would have parties every day.

The young man sighed as he walked down the stairs, he opened up a cabinet to see a packet of instant ramen, much of his diet was ramen. He didn't complain, food was food.

The phone rang, JinKi didn't feel like answering.

Another ring, JinKi sighed once again. He picked up the phone and spoke into the receiver.
He had gotten used to the American custom saying when greeting over the phone, "Hello?"

"Oppa, it's me, SooYoung," JinKi swallowed the lump in the back of his throat. SooYoung's English wasn't exactly the best in the world, but it was understandable.

"I was wondering-"

Knock.

"Sorry, someone's at the door," he put down the phone and opened the door to see a smiling Luna, "JinKi-ah, time to study."

JinKi scowled and picked up the phone again, "Sorry, Luna is here, bye-"

"Wait Onew-" He remembered, don't talk to SooYoung.

"Luna, you are here..."

"To study, but I guess you're eating lunch-"

"It's okay, it's not like food is more important that studying," JinKi rolled his eyes, Luna cocked an eyebrow and set her backpack on the ground.

"What are you making?"

"Can you not smell it?"

"Ramen again?"

JinKi nodded, they both walked into the kitchen, Luna scoffed, "Instant, how Onew-like."

"I have a real name, and plus, I'm too lazy to cook."

Luna sighed, she began grabbing utensils from the cabinets, she knew the house as if she lived in it.

"Go get some chicken from the refrigerator," she demanded. JinKi obliged. What was he, her husband?

JinKi grabbed the plate of chicken breasts and slid them to her, "YAH, YOU'RE GOING TO DROP THAT!"

Luna whacked him with a rubber spatula, oh they were like a married couple.

It was 25 minutes after when the food was done. He was surprised at how good the food tasted.

"Thank you," JinKi mumbled, Luna smirked, "What did you say JinKi-ah?"

The older rolled his eyes, "You know what I said."

Luna grinned, "Pabo."

"Yah, I heard SooYoung tried to get you to go to her house."

"I declined the offer," Onew scribbled on his English homework which he couldn't understand.

"What a liar, your three little bodyguards took care of it."

"Okay, maybe they did, but-"

"But nothing, just stay away from her."

"But what's so wrong about-"

"JinKi-ah, just stay away from her."