Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

The Pregnancy

It wasn't until I was waving goodbye to him that it actually sunk in… The pregnancy, the first milestones in our child's life, Jack won't be there for because he'll be doing his mandatory service period. I get on the plane with a heavy heart and begin planning on how to document everything so that Jack will be able to see it as soon as possible after it happens.

When I visit the doctor later in the week he tells me that I am indeed pregnant, 9 weeks pregnant, we schedule the 12 week ultrasound and he hands me a list of things that I should be doing to benefit the child.

I walk home and sit down at my laptop, I record the video and email it to Jack, with a smile I then begin sketching out new clothing ideas. As I do this I think of when I should tell my family and friends about the baby, the question sits inside my mind like a rubix cube and I decide to wait until after Jack has seen the video I'll make after the 12 week ultrasound.

The three weeks leading up to the ultrasound creep by slowly, my excitement and anxiousness pulling me this way and that. As I sit in the waiting room I check to see if Jack is online, sure enough he is and I send him a message. He asks me where a bouts in the hospital I am and I tell him. We continue our conversation as the time for my appointment approaches. At 12:27 just three minutes before my appointment, the door to the quiet waiting room opens and then closes again. I stay focused on my phone waiting for Jack to reply to my last message.

"Jacqueline Kelley?" the doctor calls and I look up, disappointed that Jack has taken so long to reply.

I follow the doctor into the room and frown when I see a man standing against the wall. It takes a few seconds and then I burst into tears.

"Jack!" I exclaim and rush into his arms.

"I asked to have the day off and they decided that I can come up for the day each time you have an ultrasound booked and that I can have a month with you when the baby is born," he explains and my heart nearly bursts with happiness.

"This is the best day ever Jelly," I smile and kiss him before the doctor tells me to lie down on the table, Jack drags a chair up next to me and holds my hand as the gel is applied to my stomach.

Our eyes are glued to the screen as the doctor moves the picture, trying to locate the baby.

"Mr and Mrs Kelley, you seem to be having twins," the doctor tells me and I look at Jack in shock.

"Are you sure?" Jack asks with a grin.

"Well here is the first baby and right here next to it is the second," he points to the screen, telling us what each little part of the picture is showing us.

Pure happiness flows through my body and I begin to tear up again, I feel Jack press his lips to my temple and I look at him, a smile spreads across my face as I think about the fact that Jack and I have created not one but two little humans.

*

Jack came up as promised each and every time I had an ultrasound, we told our families and friends straight after the first ultrasound and the girls immediately came down to live with me and help me out.

Having Katrina, Elena and Addison here for support and help as I get bigger and bigger is brilliant, though as we draw closer to the due date I wish more and more that Jack was here for everything.

The first time the babies ever kicked was when I was on the phone to Jack one night, he was on loudspeaker because I was trying to take my shoes off and the two of them kicked up a storm. It was magical and after I got off the phone to Jack I ran, well attempted to run out to where the girls were on the couch and told them what had happened.

I send a video to Jack every time something new happens with the babies and I always update him on my days, sending him an email when he isn't able to call me because of training.

That is until one night about a month out from when I was supposed to have the children I go into labor. Addie is instantly on the phone to the training camp because Jack's phone is off and she explains what is happening as Trina helps me to the car and Elena gets my bag for me.

Trina sits in the back of the car with me, holding my hand and keeping me calm as Elena drives and Addie waits for the call telling us that Jack is on the plane back home to be with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been pretty terrible with updating, I moved to a new state and the internet has only just been connected, so every chance I get I will now be updating. Sorry guys I love you :) hope you enjoy this