Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

The Birth

We arrive at the hospital and I am whisked into a maternity room as the doctors check my vitals and the babies vitals, they check to see how dilated I am and then tell me that I'm no where near ready to go into the birthing suite, but I am indeed in labor.

I lean against the bed with my forearms and head resting on it as I try to calm my breathing as another wave of contractions come through. The girls walk in and Addie tells me that Jack is on the plane and the Navy has even arranged for a car to pick him up and get him to the hospital. I smile, the Navy has been so generous to us throughout the pregnancy. Another wave of contractions break my thoughts and I go through the breathing patterns I have been taught.

Eventually they stop for a while and I sit down in bed and the girls bring me some chicken nuggets, which had become my favourite food during the pregnancy. I sip water and eat the food as I watch TV. My phone rings and I check the caller ID.

"Hey there Mumma, I guess you're on your way?" I ask Mum when I answer.

"Yes darling so is Jack's parents, we'll be there soon, where a bouts is Jack?" Mum asks and I tell her I'm not sure, my contractions interrupt our call and she promises to call again when she's closer.

The time for me to go into the birthing suite arrives and whilst my parents and in-laws have arrived no one has heard from Jack. I silently wish that he was here to hold my hand through this as they push my bed into the birthing suite. As they prep me for the birth the doors burst open and Jack runs in, he nearly falls onto the bed as he kisses me and hugs me.

"Thought you weren't going to make it," I whisper to him.

"Bubbablue, you know I'm always right on time," he smiles at me and holds my hand, brushing my hair out of my face with the other.

The doctor and midwife ask me if I'm comfortable and I nod as they inform me that I am fully dilated. Half an hour of pushing and some much needed encouragement from Jack and the doctor tells me he can see the first baby's head. I look at Jack, I know I must be a disgusting sweaty mess and smile before I continue pushing.

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Kelley its a beautiful baby boy," the doctor tells me, "Keep pushing your other baby is not far behind."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here my loves :)