Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Rest

Half an hour after our son is born I give birth to a girl, I smile at Jack, its just our luck to get one of each. We decide to name them, Joshua Phillip and Elouise Ashley, they both have all ten fingers and toes, both have Jack's green eyes, which the doctor said is not very normal for babies to be born with eyes a colour other than blue or brown, their hair, is the colour mine was when I was born, white.

The grandparents all get to hold their first grandchildren, then the two new grandmothers leave to call the family and let everyone know. I smile at Jack as he strokes my hair, which is nice and clean now. I can feel myself falling asleep and soon I'm out like a light.

When I wake the babies aren't in the room, I begin to panic until Jack walks back in with a coffee and smiles, telling me that the nurse took them to measure and weigh them. I sigh in relief and settle back down in my bed. Jack holds my hand in his and kisses it.

"You did wonderfully my love, I'm so happy, I have an amazing wife and two beautiful children," Jack smiles tearing up.

We talk for a little until the nurse comes in and asks if I want to see my babies. I nod and she leaves to bring them into the room. I sit cross legged in my bed and hold my children, Jack sitting on the bed next to me.

I soak in the feeling of pure joy mixed with pride as I look down at our children, both so beautiful, my heart seems to burst with the amount of love it holds for these two little humans that Jack and I have brought into the world.