Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

Jack

I sit up in bed with a smile on my face, its 5:30am, I have roughly half an hour before the little ones wake up. I smile and walk into my en suite, I pull out the dye bottle and perform the task I have grown so used to. As I let it set I go and check on the kids, both are still fast asleep, so once time is up I jump into the shower and quickly wash the excess colour out of my hair.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile, my long hair now has a blue fringe and the rest is still light orange-red. I quickly dry it then let it alone to do its thing, line my eyes and colour my lips before walking out to find something to wear. I pick a blue dress of my own design and slip on the matching heels. The faint sound of little feet walking around my house tells me that my babies are awake.

In the kitchen I make the kids pancakes, a special treat, topped with strawberries and syrup. Placing it on the table I slip off my shoes and tip toe down the hall to look for them. I sneak up behind Joey and grab him, he squeals with laughter and then I carry him to the table and sit him at his seat, he begins eating as I go and find his sister. The three of us all sit down together and eat, then I clean up the little ones and strap them into their car seats.

The drive to the airport is uneventful, Lulu in her favourite dress, a white one that I had designed for her, with her hair up in pigtails, Joey comfortably in jeans and a tshirt, with the cap his dad sent for him, both children are fast asleep and I smile as I park the car. Somehow I manage to get both of them out of the car and into their pram without waking them. I push them up the little hill and into the airport and I stand and look for the flight number so that I can find out the gate I'm headed to.

The kids are both still asleep when Jack's flight lands, my heart begins to race as people start walking out into the gate lounge.

"Jelly!" I scream and run to him, jumping into his outstretched arms. He holds me in his arms, my feet unable to touch the floor until Lulu and Joey wake up. Jack puts me back on the ground and I unbuckle the two 3 year olds from their pram.

"Daddy!" the twins both call and Jack kneels on the ground his arms outstretched as his children run into his arms and he gets to hold them for the first time in months.

"Joshua, Elousie, oh my babies!" Jack hugs his children, tears welling in his eyes.

"Daddy," Lulu pulls out of the hug to look at him.

"Yes darling?" Jack whispers as Joey pulls out of the hug too.

"My name is Lulu," she tells him.

"Yeah and Mumma calls me Joey," my son tells his father.

"Oh, I'm so sorry kids, you're going to have to teach Daddy everything," Jack smiles and picks his children up. I push the pram and we all walk down to get Jack's bags.