Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

You see right through me and I can't hide

Jack smiles at me and I ask him where my family all are, he informs me that they have gone out for the weekend to give us some time together and I smile at that fact. Jack takes my hand and leads me upstairs to the bathroom, he runs a bath and I sit on the floor against the wall watching him. He adds some lavender bubble bath and soon the room is infused with the fresh smell. Checking the temperature every now and then he finally turns off the taps and looks at me.

“Okay, so you have a bath, I’ll be right outside,” he tells me and goes to leave.

“I don’t mind if you stay, its honestly nothing you haven’t seen before, I’m just warning you that my body is a bit of a mess,” I tell him, he nods and sits where I had been sitting as I gently peel off Adrian’s jumper, revealing the singlet I had on underneath. Once all my clothing is removed I step into the bath and Jack looks up from where his eyes had been focused on the floor.

I take my bath and he helps me wash my hair with a special shampoo and conditioner, he claims will help bring the life back to my damaged, dying hair and to help protect it from getting any worse. When I’m done in the bath Jack looks away and hands me my towel, refusing to look. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and sigh. My once beautifully tanned, curvy body is now pale, skinny and covered in cuts and bruises, skin is slightly sagging in places from where it once was stretched over my once 36 24 36 figure. I shudder and wrap my towel around my body and grab some clean underwear from my room. I put it on and walk into the bathroom again, my hair up in the towel. Jack looks at me with sadness in his eyes, he notices the cuts covering every millimetre of skin on my thighs and forearms and sighs.

“When those close up, I want you to start putting this on it,” he tells me pulling a little vial of oil from his pocket.

“Okay,” I take the vial and place it on the vanity.

“Bubbablue, I want you to promise me something,” he whispers, using the name that only he has ever called me.

“Yeah Jelly?” I ask, using my own nickname for him.

“Don’t do it anymore, come to me when you feel like doing it.”

“I promise,” I whisper looking down at the floor ashamed and look up at him as he pulls me into a tight hug.

“I love you Bubbablue,” he holds me close and I tell him that I love him too.

Jack started calling me Bubbablue about six months after we met. He had always called me Bubba seeing that I was younger than him by about 4 months and that as a kid I was very small, when I was 8 I was the size of a 5 year old (I didn’t get to a normal size until I was about 13). The blue part came when he first saw my room, everything was blue, from the light, to the walls, to the sheets and bed as well as the curtains and carpet, I was obsessed with the colour blue and so to Jack at least I became Bubbablue. My nickname for Jack however was an accident as I went to call him J. Kelley once but instead it came out as Jelly.

Things feel so right when I’m in Jack’s arms. It feels as if the world is already on its way back to being the right way up.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)