Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

The Martin's return to Port Douglas

As I step out of the car and onto my mother’s parent’s driveway something feels…off, I look around and shrug, picking up my duffle bag and carrying it inside along with my satchel and laptop bag.

After my family has unpacked I announce that I am going for a walk around town to check out how the place has changed in the seven years since I have last visited. My brother Mitchell and sister Katrina both decide to join me on the walk.

Katrina and Mitchell are twins. They both turned 15 this year and they’re very different people, they’re identical twins, though whilst Mitchell has kept his hair their natural light brown colour, Katrina recently bleached it blonde then dip died it all different colours. They both have amber eyes like mine and have both gone through growth spurts. Katrina is my height and Mitchell is just pushing 6 foot.

The three of us walk the three blocks until we get to the main street. We walk up and down getting weird looks from everyone. Me for my bright clothes and weird way of dressing, although I’m only wearing a long blue and green tie dye singlet, a white vest, a long cassette tape necklace, a straw fedora, white denim micro mini short shorts, my blue converse high tops and my Ray Bans. Katrina is getting looked at for the bright colours in her hair, she is wearing a white singlet and skirt today with gladiator sandals and Mitchell, well he always gets looked at when he’s walking around us because whilst he dresses normally, he looks so out of place with me and Katrina.

We walk all through the main part of Port Douglas and once people start to realise who we are they begin pointing and whispering. I spot a familiar tall darked hair teenager walking out of a shop about 20 metres down the road and I call out to him.

“Jack!” I call and the man looks at me, he removes his Ray Bans to get a better look at me.

“Jackie!” he calls back and I grin and run towards him, he runs to me and picks me up in a hug, placing a kiss upon my lips, “God, you were meant to call when you got in town, how long have you been here?”

“I got here about half an hour ago, the three of us thought we should come have a look at how this place has changed since we moved away before you snapped up all of my time,” I tell him and hug him tightly.

“Fair enough Bubbablue,” he smiles and lets me go as Katrina and Mitchell arrive at where we are standing.

“People are staring at us,” Mitchell groans, then shakes Jack’s hand.

“Oh god Mitch, that’s cause they’re all glued to what might happen to these two, its still the greatest love story this town has ever heard of, hey Jack?” Katrina smiles as he kisses his cheek in hello.

“It sure is,” Jack smiles and we all walk to the café to sit and have a coffee together and a bit of a talk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hstheatreislife; this is for you, your comments make my day <3

Jackie's Outfit