Status: Fin.

My Life as a Navy Wife

This kitty has claws and she doesn't like Jackie

We take a table outside the café and sit together talking about what’s been happening in everyone’s lives since Jack left our place. Jack tells us that he’s moved out of his parent’s house and gotten a place down in Brisbane and a really highly paying job there. That’s when Katrina pipes up and tells him that I had gone so well in my final exams that I had scored a job working in one of the best fashion agencies in Australia, whose headquarters are in Brisbane and that I was currently looking for an apartment for when I move down there in February. Jack gives me a ‘we’ll talk about this later’ look and I smile at him.

Our coffees are served and we all stir in sugar and take mouthfuls of them, smiles on our faces and all totally at ease, that is until I see Jack’s body go rigid in the wicker chair next to mine. I look at him and find it a little hard to follow his eyesight with his Ray Bans on but I don’t need to. His hand finds mine under the table and I give it a gentle reassuring squeeze before he takes it back and looks at a young woman with bleach blonde hair walking up to us.

“Hey there handsome, I didn’t know you were in town,” the girl says to Jack, running her fingers across his cheek.

“Hello Grace, yeah I only got in yesterday afternoon,” Jack answers, moving away from her fingers. I sigh as I realise that this can only end one of two ways.

“And you didn’t call me? Snookums you know I miss you!” Grace purrs at him.

“Sorry, I was a bit busy planning on where I’m going to stay whilst I’m in town,” Jack tells her.

“You can stay with us Uncle Jack,” Mitchell injects. Since he was little Mitchell has always called Jack, Uncle Jack, no one knows why, even Mitchell doesn’t remember.

“And who are these three? Family?” Grace asks, her voice fake and overly sweet.

“If the town has their way, we will be one day,” Katrina growls, I place my hand on her thigh under the table and squeeze her knee to tell her to keep her cool whilst I keep an innocent look on my face.

“What’s that supposed to mean Jacky?” Grace asks, her voice keeping the overly sweet tone.

“Grace this is Mitch, Kat and Jacqueline,” Jack tells her and looks at me with a smile. Oh god here we go.

“Right, well you have fun with that,” Grace humphs and storms off in the direction in which she came.

“Well, that went better than I thought it would,” Jack smiles and kisses my cheek, “Sorry Bubbablue but Grace hates you.”

“That’s no water in my boat Jelly,” I smile at him and we all finish our coffees and then walk back to my grandparents, Jack and I walking behind Mitchell and Katrina hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was going to write this whole massive confrontation between Grace and Jackie, but Jackie's character is more a "Make Love not War/Hugs not Drugs" sort of girl so it would be stupid to do something like that, might do it later on in the story though, let me know if you want me to or not :)

Also another big thankyou to Hstheatreislife, seriously you make my day, and also to the new subscriber... HI NEW SUBSCRIBER :)