Status: Complete. Link to re-write in final chapter

Vows

Lonesome Snowstorms

Nayja was driving up to the cabin in her car with the snow coming down heavily on her wide shield. She was still surprised that even though she was still in Cali it was snowing heavily in the mountains. She reached down and got out her phone. She sighed she had no service and she wanted to call someone to tell them see was OK. This ride was almost half way done and it had been absolutely boring driving alone. The only thing that was running through her mind was that she was going on this vacation to save her marriage. She was completely lost and could barely see the diner that was coming up ahead of her. She parked her car and stepped out of her car wrapping her coat tightly around her before she stumbled into towards the dinner with the wind smacking her in the face.

Nayja forcefully opened the door and the majority of people inside looked her way. She noticed there were a lot of people. She walked over to one of the waitresses cleaning the table to ask for directions.

"Um excuse me but could you tell me how to get to West Hampton Lodge?"

"It's straight up the mountain but you're not going to get there tonight."

"Why not?"

"There's a couple of trees down, they won't be able to be moved until the morning."

"Well is there a motel or something?"

"Yeah but all the rooms are full, thats why there are so many people in here. You're welcome to stay in here to."

"Thank you."

"Let me get you something hot just sit down and try to relax." She ushered Nayja to a booth and she sat down and put her head in her hands in stress. The waitress came back with a burger and fries.

"Its on the house Hun."

"Thank you."

"Nayja?" A familiar voice said her name. She turned in her seat to see Zacky.

"Oh gosh Zacky." She moved out of the booth and got up to hug him. "Ah I'm so glad I'm not alone. What are you doing here?"

"I drove up here and got caught in the storm and you?"

"Same thing."

"Where's Jason?"

"He's at the Cabin. He went ahead by plane." Zacky just nodded he knew that Jason was being an asshole, but didn't want to upset Nayja by saying anything. "He's also with my friend Trisha and Zacky she's single." Zack gave a weak smile, he wasn't looking for a relationship. He already wanted what he couldn't have.

"So did you just get here or are you staying some where?"

"Um I just pulled up and heard that the road is blocked."

"Yeah I know its been like this for a while, I got a motel room earlier, after you finish eating we'll go back there."

"Alright I'm done."

"You didn't touch anything."

"This food is the last thing I need." He groaned on the inside knowing she was calling herself fat and there was nothing fat about her. stupid Jason he thought to himself.

"Well I've known you since forever and I know that you're feeling stressed right now so eat I'll share with you if you want."

"Okay." She stuffed some fries in her mouth and Zacky just laughed. "You can have the burger."

"Oh no we're sharing it." He got a knife and cut in straight down the middle and handed her her piece. She rolled her eyes at him and bit into it.

"So Zacky how has everything been I haven't seen or talked to you in ages." She pouted "I missed my best buddy."

"Aw" He put his arm around her. "I missed you too. But we can catch up now."

"Yeah we can. So what's up why are you still single?"

"Nay." Zack whined

"What you're the only one out of us that isn't married."

"But I'm happy. And that's really all that matters to me. But I'll give Trisha a shot since you want me too."

"Thank you." They continued eating until they were finished. They got up and started walking towards the door.

"You two be safe now." The waitress that helped Nayja before said.

"Oh we will." Zacky nodded and put his arm around her waist guiding her out the door.

"You two make such a cute couple."

"Oh we're not together." Nayja said blushing.

"Oh." The waitress looked confused. "Thats a shame." She sighed and started walking away.

Zack gave a fake laugh and they continued to walk out.

"You can get in the car with me we'll pick up your car in the morning."

"Alright." He opened the door for her and closed it after she got in. When he drove off the just sang to the songs on the radio until they got to the motel. They got out of the car and Zack guided her to his room and opened the door. Nayja's smile faded.

"Zacky there's only one bed."

"Yeah I didn't think I'd find anyone here so I got a room with one bed." He said in a 'duh' tone.

Nayja hit him on the shoulder.

"You can take the bed and I'll take the floor."

"No Zack you're not sleeping on the floor."

"Fine then we'll share the bed." Nayja was unsure about it. "Don't worry I'll stay on my side and You'll have your side." Zack handed her a t-shirt and boxers and she went to the bathroom to change. When she got back Zack was already in the bed and sleeping. She sighed with a smile on her face and climbed in next to him. She was facing him and stared at his sleeping form.

"Thank you Zacky." She whispered. He pulled her closer in his sleep. She held her breath out of shock, but relaxed after a while. She snuggled up next to him. She hadn't been held by someone in what felt like forever. Jason hadn't held her in years. Nayja snuggled into his chest and fell asleep wishing Jason would hold her like this again.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason I pity myself in this story so far. But tell me what you think

love ya <3