Broken but Living

#12

Matt had been pacing back and forth in his room for almost an hour. He didn't know what to with himself. His plan completely back fired when she used that adorable tone of voice with him, it crushed him and now he was regretting it with every bone in his body. Why had he been so weak? He was loosing it.

“You're loosing it Matt, you're fucking loosing it.” He whispered, taking a huge swig of his beer before placing it back down on his hamper and falling backwards on his bed.

He had agreed to go counselling sessions twice a week with her. At least he had that. He could have been left with nothing, he didn't even want to think about it. Loosing her would kill him. It would destroy him. She was already married. Married. Next it will be babies, they'll be producing. She'll have Brian's children.

He sprung up in the bed. His head moved frantically from side to side. The thought was enough to get him pissed. He couldn't think about his best friend having a baby with her. It made him sick. It made him angry, it made him jealous. Imagining her growing old with Brian, his best friend.

Despite the fact that the contracts had been burned, in his eyes they still existed. Once a contract, always a contract. He didn't need it in physical form. Brian had signed it with his name, ticked all the boxes and gave it back to him. A done deal. A done life deal. The fact that his girls had slipped through his fingers. There were his not Zackys, Johnny's, Brian's or Jimmy's. Matt's. Matt's girls, they always would be.

“Fuck.” He sighed, running a large hand through his short, brown hair. His eyes stared at one part of the floor, his cheeks puffed out from the air he was holding in. For some reason he felt ashamed. How could he let this become of his business? How could this happen? Why had he lost his touch?

“Matt!”

His attention turned towards the door that was closed hearing her voice get closer and closer, “What?”

The door finally opened and her head popped in, “Brian's cooked you....”

He stood up and closed the door making sure that his body was in front of hers. He stared down at her and stood infront of the door.

“Don't you dare.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger sorry!
Sorry for the shortness also.
And the spelling mistakes, I have no spell check :(
10 comments for an update?