Broken but Living

#16

“That's your fifth Taco, fatty.”

Sky's head snapped up from the food that she was engulfing and shot Jimmy a death glare, her eyes narrowing so small that it almost looked as if her eyes were shut. She wasn't the most patient of people lately, she would often snap at one of them then regret it soon after. That's what was cute about her lately, it was hard for any of them to stay mad at her.

“Whoa. Fuck me, I take it back, you're beautiful and everything good in the world.” He joked, rolling his eyes and slurping his coke.

Brian smirked, his eyes focusing down at his wives 8 week small baby bump. He couldn't believe that his child was sat in there, probably listening to every single word that they were saying, recognising his voice every time that he spoke and feeling every time he would touch it and talk to it. He felt proud.

He rarely felt as if he had accomplished anything, even though he was in one the most successful rock bands in the world. This feeling was different. He never thought that he could love something as much as he loved Sky, but he did. He loved that small, delicate bump with all of his heart, it was a sort of love that he couldn't explain. It was a love that he knew would last forever.

“I'm not fat Jim, I'm pleasantly plump.” Sky retorted, flicking an ice cube at him.

The three of them had taken Bonnie out for lunch to Taco Bell so that Zack and Zoe could go out grocery shopping in peace. Bonnie was currently sat on Brian's lap, her hands picking apart her sandwich and her legs kicking at Jimmy's chair.

Brian would watch Bonnie's confused gaze as she stared at Sky's stomach, of course she didn't understand. She had asked a number of times why Sky had turned fat, the decision was to ignore the question and pretend like she didn't say anything. Children soon get bored. Obviously, they would have told her if Matt wouldn't flip shit. They couldn't risk Bonnie slipping something out.

“Hey kiddo, you're meant to eat it, not build a tower with it.” Jimmy whispered, making the toddler giggle even though she probably didn't even understand him.

Brian looked over at Sky. She had a small frown on her brows, her teeth chewing away at her plump lips. She looked up and caught his gaze, shooting him a wink and a small smile. It was obvious to Brian that Sky was nervous and scared.

They had been seeing Matt up until about 2 weeks ago when Sky started showing, they had been trying to avoid him ever since. About a week ago, he came around their home unannounced, Sky had to quickly run into the bathroom and pretend that she was showering while Brian made up a bunch of lies.

They had no idea what to do. Zack, Zoe, Jimmy, Brian and Sky were lost. How can you hide a pregnancy? You can't. Matt was far too stubborn to just give up, any day he could come over to their house and see Sky's popped out belly.

There's no telling what would happen. He was like a loose wire, and Sky was terrified for her babies safety. She found herself constantly trying to think of something, anything to make Matt believe that nothing was going on and that she wasn't pregnant. But then there's afterwards. Things would look slightly suspicious if there's a mini Brian running around the house. They had no fucking idea what to do. Stuck and trapped.

Today however, Brian had told Sky to forget it. She had been so stressed out over the past couple of days that they both decided they needed a break. Matt never went to public places. He couldn't, he would get killed. After everything with his 'gang' he couldn't leave his house and walk the streets. Too many mobs wanted his life. Serves him right. The risk of seeing him at the mall was extremely low and for that Sky was thankful.

She just needed a nice day out with her husband, something that they couldn't really have.

“Bri, I'm gunna take Bonnie to the kids area.” Jimmy announced, probably noticing that the couple wanted time alone, “Ring me when you're finished shopping for condoms and diapers.”

Brian lifted Bonnie from his long legs and placed her in her push chair. He couldn't help but let slip a small laugh at how Jimmy looked. It just looked so odd, a tall, skinny, tattooed and piercing guy on his own pushing a bright pink push chair.

“Jimmy don't let her have any candy, look at what happened last time.” Sky told him, standing up and grabbing a hold of Brian's hand as quickly as she could, “Zoe will punch you in the face.”

He didn't reply, he just turned the push chair around and waved a long, skinny arm in the air, skipping off towards the elevator. He looked more excited than Bonnie did. He really was a big child, it was adorable.

“Brian you need shirts.” Sky told him, tugging his large hand.

Brian frowned, “I need shirts? You're the pregnant one, not me.”
Sky turned her head and looked up at him biting her lip, “I'll re-phrase that. We need shirts, that smell like you.”

Brian cracked a small crooked smile as he lent over and planted a kiss on her forehead. Sky closed her eyes as they walked and when he pulled his head away, she leant her head on his shoulder. Brian placed his arm around her shoulder. His arm was so long on her that it dropped down to the end of her ribs, he could just about place his hand on the small bump.

Although the circumstances, Sky felt safe. She didn't feel threatened, just scared a little. She knew that with Zack, Jimmy and Brian around that nobody could touch her, not to mention Zoe who was probably better protection than every single one of them put together. Everything would be perfect, if a certain ass hole wasn't there to fuck it all up. It annoyed her. It really did.

Sky had suffered enough under Matt's hands, she just wanted to be left in peace now with Brian and their baby. It wasn't much to ask. If he calmed down, acted more like his age and ditched all the weird obsessions then maybe he wouldn't be a bad person. He wasn't a bad person at heart, everybody knew that. He had a heart of gold but had a disgusting temper.

“Sky?”

Sky looked up at Brian who had stopped walking. She took a step back when he tugged on her hand and frowned. He just looked down at her for a second before lifting a large hand and brushing her hair from her eyes. They were stood in the middle of the mall, people trying desperately to push past them. Brian looked down at his wife and smiled.

“What?”

“I have something I want to ask you, well, tell you.”

Sky felt herself get immediate butterflies. He never, ever did this. He only did this when he had either done something very bad or was about to give her the biggest present of her life. She didn't like it. Maybe he was telling her here so that she couldn't murder him.

“Go on...” She frowned, looking at him as he gripped both of her hands.

“Well,” He took a large breath, “You know how I'm really impatient right?”

“Brian get on with it.” She snapped.

“Well … you know at 14 and a half weeks, you can have a 3d baby scan, right?”

Sky's eyes went extremely wide, “They're like a million zillion billion dollars!” She screeched, “W-W-”

Brian smirked as he placed a finger on her lips, “It's all paid for. I couldn't wait. I knew you couldn't either so I just thought I'd-”

Brian couldn't even finish his sentence properly before Sky launched herself onto him. She wrapped her small arms around his neck and squeezed as hard as she could. She felt Brian place a hand on her stomach so that the baby didn't get bashed around, it made Sky smile even more.

“I love you.” She told him, pulling herself away from his stubbly neck and smiling straight at him.

“I love you too.”

Sky knew that Brian was perfect. She couldn't have asked for a more perfect man in her life. She was in love. She was in love with the most beautiful man on earth.

“After those Taco's, I think you're going to need men's shirts.” He told her, placing her on her feet and gripping hold of her small hand again, linking them together and giving it a quick squeeze.

“Bastard. I know I'm a pig."

"You're my pig."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I can't explain why I've been gone for so long ... I don't actually know. But here you go! Comment, tell me what you guys think. I think it's adorable, I enjoyed writing this :)

Make sure you leave me feedback! I'd love to hear from you guys after so long :)