Broken but Living

#19

Sky had been screaming random insults at the wooden door for an hour. What else could she do? She was locked in here again. As soon as Matt had closed the door she pulled her own clothes off and put Brian's t-shirt on that was left lying on the floor, pulling it up over her nose so that she could smell him better.

Matt was pissed off with her shouting, so he decided to play music from his office as loud as he could. He probably wasn't even in there, he was just doing it so that he couldn't hear her rage. It made her angry as hell at first, but after a while when the play list changed to ACDC she calmed down a little bit.

Sky remembered to day they left the house. Brian was bouncing a ball around the bedroom and lost it underneath the bed stand. She gingerly let herself slide down the bed and let her head dangle over the side. The ball was wedged in between the wooden post of the bed. She stuck her hand out and with a few quick pulls the ball came loose in her hand.

Smiling to herself, Sky know knew how to annoy the fuck out of Matt. When Matt got annoyed the whole house went into a meltdown because everyone was scared of what he would do. It was a perfect idea.

The ball hit the door with a loud thud and then bounced back into Sky's hands. She smirked, and repeated the process, harder this time. After a while she began to enjoy it, seeing how many times she could make the ball bounce before she had to catch it again, her record so far was five, she was going for seven.

Sky couldn't stop thinking about Brian. She felt so sorry for him, he always feared the worst. She just wanted to let him know that she was okay and not … dead. For some reason he always made himself think the worst had happened and then made plans from then on, he never really weighed up his options.

Sky only wished that he had called Zacky and that he was trying to talk some sense into him, Jimmy too. Zoe on the other hand … Things would be ugly. She cared about Sky just as much as Sky cared about Zoe. She was probably bouncing off walls. Zoe wasn't the type to just let things go either, Matt better watch his back.

Suddenly, the door fell open and just like a clown out of the circus Matt caught the ball in his right fist and crushed it, the small pieces falling over the floor and scattering across the tiles.

His face was like thunder.

If looks could kill, Sky would be six feet under. He didn't have a shirt on, only a pair of basketball shorts and white socks that appeared to be too big for him. His hair was damp and only towel dried, he must have just got out from the shower.

“You are making this far worse than it should be.” He told her, his jaw clenched together and his eyes black.

Who knew a bouncy ball could upset a grown man so much?

Sky watched as his eyes narrowed when he saw what she was wearing. He seemed to bite his lip and then shake himself out of it pretty quick though, she thought he was going to flip the hell out again.

He had that look in his eye, that look when you can't tell if he's about to lash out and turn into a bear again or if he was about to turn back into the loveable Matt. Sky hated that about him, you could never really tell for certain what was going on instead of his huge head.

“What are you aiming for Matt?” Sky finally asked him, folding her arms over one another.

“What do you mean?”

She sighed deeply, “You know this is going to be like it was the first time? You're going to keep me in here because I'm not going to want to be near you and then it's going to turn violent and I'm going to end up wishing you were dead again.”

“Here's the deal princess,” He turned his head slightly to the left, “You're here with me for a month or two and then you can move on, live your little life with your kid and Brian and I won't bother you ever again.”

Sky closed her eyes and rubbed her temples, “You're fucked up.”

The room fell silent. Sky didn't want to open her eyes but she did anyway. Matt was walking towards her with a sinister look on his face. Sky thought it was better not to back away and just to stare up at him, her fists balled together. Matt rarely attacked, he would just intimidate people until they backed down. Sky was not backing down.

“I'm actually quite cranky today.” He told her calmly, crossing his arms right in her face.

“There's a surprise.”

“Your mascara is smudged.”

“I hate you.”

“I know.”

Sky grunted in frustration. It was like he doing all of this just to fuck her off. Why did he take her if he was just going to annoy the hell out of her? She uncrossed her legs and pushed past him, knocking his arms as she power walked out of the bedroom. Matt followed her, his big steps enough to keep up with three of hers.

“There's no point in running.”

“I'm not going to fucking run.” She spat, not slowly up when she approached the stairs.

With every step Sky took, her foot pushed down even harder causing the whole house to echo. The maids at the end of the staircase jumped out of the way and knocked a pile of lien over that looked like it took a while to pile up. Matt quietly apologised and ran off after Sky again who was now in the kitchen with the refrigerator door wide open.

“You better let me tell Brian where I am.” She told him, pulling out a lump of ham and bread, “Or else I won't talk to you.”

Matt didn't move for a while he kept his stare out the window, he was thinking, “You can text him.”

“No, I want to call him.”

“It's not up for negotiation.” He barked flipping out his phone and walking towards her.

Sky snatched it away from him and began to press the keys. For a rich guy he sure had a shitty phone considering all the other guys had an iPhone and another Blackberry. Sky just wrote anything, she told him what had happened and that she was safe and would try and get hold of him whenever she could, just anything to make him feel more comfortable with what was going on. He must be sick with worry.

When she was done she didn't hand it back to him, she just left it on the marble surface and began to carve up the meat to put it in a sandwich for herself. Since she was back here she might as well make herself at home.

“I don't understand any of this.”

“The more you say that the more confusing it will be for you.” He told her, reaching over her and grabbing his phone, purposely pressing his chest against her.

Sky knew that he was trying to make her feel uncomfortable. For some reason he was trying to wind her up the wrong way, almost as if he wanted her to snap at him so that he could snap back. But, she wasn't going too. There was no way she was going to feed into what he wanted, not this time.

She was her own person now.

Sky heard footsteps coming from the hall. She was excited to see who would be here, if any of the old maids still worked here. But this person wasn't a maid and when he came into sight, Sky dropped her sandwich all over the sparkly, clean floor.

“Johnny.” She gasped staring at the smaller man with her mouth open, “I-I....”

“How you doin' doll.” He smiled, waving his fingers in the air to salute her, “Welcome home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun Dun Dunnn.

Okay so you all need to congratulate me for updating EVERY DAY so far.

I want to do a one shot, so for whoever comments the BEST guess on what they think is going to happen, I'll write a one shot for them. Fun right?