Broken but Living

#20

Naturally, Sky hadn't reacted very well to Johnny's appearance. In fact, she pulled up the wooden chopping board she was using and smashed it as hard as she could into his face earning a very loud scream and a pool of blood to spill onto the floor. She had ran up the spiral stairs after and shut herself back in her old room before pulling the bed covers over her head and crying. Sky was disappointed, scared and angry.Everything she didn't want to be.

Brian.

She wanted Brian, more than anything in the world. She hadn't gone this long without him for a very long time. It wasn't right and it hurt her. Why did Matt want her to feel like this? Why did he want her to feel sad and unhappy all the time? It was almost as if he got pleasure out of seeing her upset. Sky was going through hating him and wishing she had the courage to go down to him and doing exactly what she did to Johnny to him, except worse.

Sky would do anything to talk to Brian. She wished to see his head pop into the bedroom and ask her what bubble bath she wanted or ask her to pass him a towel. It was now she realised just how much she needed him and just how much he meant to her. He was more than a husband, he was a soul mate.

She couldn't live without him, period.

“Sky do you want some food?”

Sky just rolled her eyes and turned herself away from facing the door. She had pressed both of the bedside tables and the hamper against the door to try and keep people out. Shadows would hate it. It would piss him off a lot and she was starting to regret it.

“Sky!” He barked before trying to push the door handle and failing miserably, “What the fuck...”

Sky bit her lip as she listened to Matt kicking down the barrier she made. It didn't stop him from getting in. Nothing stopped him from doing anything.

“Why the fuck did you do that? You broke it.” He snapped, picking up the hamper and carrying it across the room.

“Fuck off. I'm trying to sleep.”

He dropped the hamper on the floor and walked over to her. Sky just turned herself away from him in the bed and pulled the covers further over her head so that he couldn't see her face and smudged make up. The last thing she wanted was for him too see her weak and vulnerable.

“This wasn't part of the deal.”

“It's 9pm Matt. I'm tired. Let. Me. Sleep.”

It was silent for a while, until Sky felt Brian's side of the bed go down and then the soft sound of the TV being turned on. Sky sighed and turned the other way again, pushing herself to the far end of the bed and holding onto her pillow. She figured it was best to just let him do what he wanted while she tried to fall asleep, after all, she'd rather him be watching the TV instead of threatening her.

Sky must have fallen asleep because when she next opened her eyes a soft light was creeping through the thin curtains and shining down on her eyes. She slowly opened them and turned over, only to be faced with something hard that was snoring rather loudly. Sky moved herself back and lifted the covers up to find Matt lying on his back with his mouth wide open, a horrible noise erupting from the back of his throat.

Sky decided that now was probably the only time that she would be able to get up and have something to eat in peace, without Matt getting all up tight about her being on her own. She carefully pulled herself out from underneath the covers and slid her feet onto the floor with very little noise.

She had become very good at creeping around. Quickly, she tip-toed to the door and carefully pushed down the door knob before letting herself out the room and closing the door with a tiny click. It didn't wake Matt. If it did, he would be shouting by now.

Without a sound Sky made her way towards the kitchen. Lately, food was the only thing on her mind. It was comforting and it took her mind away from things for a while. Sky walked into the kitchen and slowly closed the door behind her. Turning around, she bumped into something … someone a let out a small yelp. A girl, around Sky's age, stared back up at her, scared eyes scanning her face.

“I'm sorry... I...” The girl stuttered and began to move backwards.

“It's okay, it was my fault, I thought I was alone.”

The girl nodded fast but kept her eyes down on the floor, “Yes miss.”

Sky frowned, “It's Sky, call me Sky.”

If the girl didn't look scared before, now she looked terrified. Her eyes went wide and a hand clasped over her mouth. Sky just stared at her with one eyebrow raised.

“I'm sorry- I- W... We wasn't expecting you here for another few days I- I'm Harper.” She told Sky, rocking on one foot.

Sky nodded, “I see. Not to be rude, but why are you here?”

Harper looked up. She had scratch marks all over her face and a full black and blue eye. Her hair was matted but tied back, and her face was completely drained of any colour, “I'm a slave... or a servant.”

Sky lost her balance and stumbled backwards. She felt sick, a instant headache coming over her, “What?”

Harper nodded, “Yes, along with six others.”

Sky was out for blood. He lied. Matt was such a fucking liar. He was a deceiving son of a bitch. He didn't end anything, this business of his was still up and running. He wanted her back. He wanted her back to be his girl again.

Sky screamed in anger, making Harper flinch and take a few steps back. Spinning on her heel, Sky stomped back up to Matt. She didn't have a plan, all she knew what that she wanted to punch Matt as hard as she could right between the eyes.

Sky made it half way up the corridor when she saw Matt rubbing his eyes walking towards her. He had a confused look on his face but braced himself when Sky lifted her fists and began punching and throwing kicks at him.

“You fucking asshole!” She screamed still slapping and kicking him, “You lying bastard!”

Matt grabbed Sky be the side of the arms and lifted her up in the air before pinning her against the wall with her arms by her sides. She spat at him a couple of times before finally going limp and dropping her head, gasping for breath. Matt sighed deeply and closed his eyes for a couple of seconds. He didn't expect her to find out so soon. He didn't want her to find out this way.

“Let me go.” She choked.

Matt did as she said and let her onto the floor. Sky looked up at him, those big blue eyes full of pain and upset. Matt had to look away, it hurt him.

Sky made her way towards the library. At least there she could cry in peace. How could Matt do this? Sky was scared. Not for her, but for her baby and Brian.

What if Matt wasn't actually planning on giving her back? She had already told Brian that she was okay.. he wouldn't come looking for her.

“I hate him” She cried, falling onto the Library’s sofa and finally letting herself sob.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment me!
http://beastandtheharlottt.tumblr.com/
:D