Broken but Living

#21

“Sky I got you something.”

Sky's eyes snapped open at the sound of Johnny's voice. She rolled her eyes and mumbled for him to come in. Sky had been Matt's 'prisoner' for a week and she refused to talk to him. Obviously, it pissed him off. He would always try to talk to her but never got a reply, it wouldn't be long before he snapped, she could see it in his eyes.

Johnny walked in and put the McDonald's bag Matt got for her on the table next to her bed. Sky didn't roll over to talk to him, she just thanked him and waited to listen to him leaving. But he didn't.

“You shouldn't be giving him such a hard time you know.”

Sky scoffed, “Are you kidding me?”

“I'm just saying, he's trying his best.”

And with that, he left.

He didn't have to say anything. Sky already felt lonely and sad and now she wanted answers. Matt never tried with people. That's what made her so confused, he would never make an effort with somebody that didn't make an effort first and Sky definitely didn't make an effort first in fact she was doing the complete opposite.

There was always a feeling of panic in Sky's chest. Lately, the smallest thing made her jump. She didn't feel safe or secure, she felt as if someone was watching her all the time. It happened when she wasn't around Brian and it certainly wasn't doing the baby any good, that was for sure. Sky just needed Brian, Matt wouldn't cut it although he thought he could... he just wasn't right.

Kicking her legs over the side of the bed Sky stretched her arms into the air and yawned loudly before standing up and sliding on a pair of slippers. She walked over to the night stand and brushed through her hair to stop it from getting all tangled up.

She didn't bother getting changed, or showering, there wasn't any point instead she just pulled out one of Brian's shirts and put it on rolling her eyes at all the clothes that he left behind. He would have to pick them up one time, she liked him in most of these shirts.

She glanced over at the clock that read 11am, remembering that Johnny had left a bag of McDonald's for her. She walked over and placed the bag under her arm then making her way down towards the kitchen, she needed a drink before she could eat anything in the mornings.

Sky could hear Matt's booming voice from the top of the stairs. He was shouting about something, what a surprise. She just walked right past the living room from where the noise was coming from and shut herself in the kitchen.

Placing the bag of food on the side of the table she sniffed to smell something sweet coming from the stove. She looked underneath it to find a chocolate cake being baked. It must be Johnny's. He always cooked cakes. Sky found it strange that a man liked to bake as much as Johnny did.

Matt's shouting got calm when Sky walked into the kitchen. He knew it was her, he probably didn't want to upset her more than he already did. It didn't make a difference to her any more, he could shout all he wanted, nothing would change.

Sky made herself a glass of Diet Coke with ice and put a straw in it, just the way she liked it while she munched on her burger and fries. It tasted really good, Sky always loved to eat fast food, it was her favorite.

Sky hadn't seen much of Harper or any of the other girls that she talked about, Matt probably told them to stay away from Sky and stay out of sight, he knew it would upset her more if she saw them working around the house.

Sky didn't like seeing girls being treated that way. After being treated like it herself, it broke her heart to know what they felt like. It wasn't fair and it wasn't morally right, Matt should know better. That's what angered her the most, Matt did have a soft side. He thought he had too much pride, but it just made him selfish and arrogant.

Sky heard the door slowly open and then close again, “Hey.”

“Hello Matt.”

Matt walked right infront of her and placed his elbows on the marble breakfast table, “How are you feeling?”

“Fucking amazing.”

She heard Matt sigh and then make his way around to her slowly, he was mumbling undear his breathe obviously trying to keep his calm around her and not upset her by shouting at her. Sky would rather he start shouting, it made her hate him even more.

Matt kicked Sky's chair slightly so that it turned to face him. She almost dropped her burger all over the floor until he took it from her hands and placed it on the table. He took her wrists in his huge hands and pulled up her sleeves.

His thumb brushed slightly over her tattoo. Sky watched as his eyes lit up with delight from seeing the permanent ink on her skin and then blink up into her eyes.

“This is going to be on your skin forever Sky.” He told her in a whisper, “Not just for the time you wanted it there.”

Sky smirked. He was trying to get under her skin, she wouldn't let it happen. She only nodded once and stood up before side stepping him and walking right out of the kitchen and back into the library. She stayed there all day, until she finally decided to go to bed earlier than normal.

That night, a storm had picked up. There wasn't a warning about it on the TV so Sky didn't realise that it would happen. If she did, she would have stayed up with the dog in the games room. She hated storms with a burning passion. They didn't scare her, she just hated loud noises, it hurt her ears, she was always having problems with her ears and loud noises.

Normally, Brian would stay up with her and watch a movie until the storm passed but tonight it woke her up and it freaked her out. She tried to stick it out by wrapping herself up in the duvet and burying her head in the pillow, but that just freaked her out even more because she couldn't see behind her.

“Fucking hell.” She sighed, before kicking the duvet from herself and running towards the door.

Sky knocked lightly on Matt's bedroom door. He didn't say anything. She knocked again, this time much much louder, so loud that she thought her fist was going to go through the door. He mumbled something and then told her to come in.

His face when she walked in looked like he had seen a ghost.

“Uh .. will you watch a movie with me until the storm passes.”

Matt threw his head back down into the pillow and rubbed his eyes with the back of his large hands. He had obviously been sleeping, and he wasn't very happy when he got woken up, “Sure.”

Sky tried to stop herself from smiling. Sure, she hated him, but he would be good enough company. At least someone was with her, even if it was Matt.

“Only if we watch what I want.” He smirked, getting out from the bed and smirking down at her.

Sky just fake smiled and then flipped him off before walking downstairs with Matt behind her, laughing to himself. It was 2am. Sky wasn't tired, but it was obvious Matt was. He got a energy drink from the kitchen and poured it into a glass and then grabbed himself a slice of Johnny's cake.

He didn't ask Sky if she wanted any, he knew that she hated chocolate cake. He knew a lot about her. Like how she liked her towels to be fresh from the dryer when she took a shower so that they were still hot, and how she could sleep better with a small night light in her room. It was small things that he remembered.

Matt had picked Transformers. Sky didn't mind, she was just thankful that it wasn't something scary that would make her even more scared than she already was. She was actually surprised that he didn't click on. If he put on a scary movie, she would probably ask to sleep on the sofa in his room, thank God he didn't.

“What one would you want as your car?” He asked, eating another slice of the cake with half of it around his face.

Sky looked at him from the one seater and shrugged while putting some popcorn in her mouth, “Ironhide.”

Matt nodded, “Me too.”

He didn't look at her, he just stared at the screen. Sky watched his face for a while. Normally, he had frowned brows all the time. But recently his face seemed much more relaxed, much less intense.

Thunder stuck again, this time much louder than before and the whole house cut out of power in an instant. Sky screamed, loud and ran over to Matt's sofa.

“What happened?!” She shrieked gripping hold of a pillow and pulling it against her chest.

“Aw shit, the best part was coming up too.” Matt sighed, throwing his arms in the air.

Sky just looked at him with her mouth slightly hung open. He wasn't freaked out at all, he was just pissed off.
“Put the power back on!” She snapped, pulling her legs up from the floor and then pulling the t-shirt she had on over her knees.

“I can't, we just have to wait until it goes back on and stop shouting, you'll wake everybody up.” He told her in a whisper.

“Oh my God this is the worst night ever.”

Matt bit his lip to stop himself from laughing at her. Sky noticed and slapped the top of his arm, not in a playful manner either. Matt just looked at her and burst out laughing, putting his hand over his mouth to stop his booming laugh from echoing throughout the whole front room. Sky frowned and put her hands over her ears in annoyance. He stopped laughing at turned his head sideways.

“Why do you hate storms so much anyway?”

Sky shrugged.

“There must be a reason.” He pushed.

Sky sighed and took a deep breath in, “My dad used to lock me out in the storms because I used to cry through them when I was little and I never got over it.”

Matt was raging. He turned his head to look out the window and bit the inside of his cheek. He didn't like the thought of Sky being locked outside with her stupid fuck of father was tucked up in bed laughing about what he had just done, it made him so fucking angry.

Sky had told Brian. He basically reacted the same way. Sky hadn't realised how much wrong was happening around her until recently. She didn't realise just how bad her home life actually was, and how evil her parents were too her. It made her want to be the best mother ever, and it made her want Brian to be the best father ever. No doubt that he would be, at all.

Matt noticed that her hand had crept up her t-shirt and was now resting on her small bump, “What are you going to call it?”

Sky shrugged, “I don't even know what sex it is yet. Brian's booked a 3D scan, hopefully we'll find out soon. I can't wait.”

Matt's cheeks flushed red. He hated the thought of her carrying Brian's baby. It made her not his any more so he ignored her answer, “Do you want me to come in your room tonight?”

Sky flinched and he noticed, “No, I mean, until the power comes back on.”

“Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A tiny bit longer this time :)

What do you think is going to happen!? C'mon guys! 6 comments and I'll update.

My Tumblr is - http://beastandtheharlottt.tumblr.com/ and I will post whenever I have updated on that, also feel free to ask me any questions on it anon or not about any of my stories and If you request a oneshot that I will be posting next Monday.