Broken but Living

#22

“You're still wearing his t-shirt?”

Sky frowned as she pulled back her bed covers. Matt must had noticed that she was wearing Brian's shirt today, she didn't wear anything else. Maybe he brought it up to hurt her. Ever since the power went out all he seemed to talk about was Brian and whenever his name was mentioned, Sky's heart sank.

She missed him. She missed him so much that it felt like her heart was being tugged at. In reply to Matt she just nodded her head, shaking it slowly to side to side afterwards hoping that he didn't see. He was trying to stir trouble on purpose and Sky wasn't falling for it right now, she was too worn out and tired.

Sky got in the bed and wondered what Matt would do. He just stood at the foot of her bed with his large arms on his hips. When she looked up at him he shrugged as if asking her what he should do. Sky knew that he wouldn't sleep on the floor, he was too proud, plus all he would do was complain.

“I can't share a bed with you.” She told him simply.

Whatever civil expression Matt had on his face dropped. His brows creased and his soft features twisted into horrible anger. His jaw tensed, making his ears go back and forth and his nose flare. He didn't like being told what to do, and the tone that Sky said it in wasn't exactly soothing.

He reached over his shoulder and grabbed a clay pot and then there was a loud shatter. It was broken not a foot away from Sky's side of the bed. She looked up at him, her heart beating so fast in her chest that she thought it was doing to drop into her ass. She couldn't face this side of him.

Matt took one more look at Sky before stomping out of the room and slamming the door shut so loudly it was clear that he woke the whole damn house up. Suddenly, Sky wasn't so bothered about being on her own. In fact, she was rather pleased that he left with just a broken pot, that could have been her face.

What the fuck was wrong with him? Did he expect her to just let him climb in bed with her? After all he did? Sky would rather have slept on the kitchen floor and that was tiled and cold. Matt was unpredictable. He could do anything to her. Didn't he see wrong in what he had done? Sky didn't understand why Matt hadn't even said sorry. Maybe he couldn't say sorry. He was too stubborn, too cold.

When Sky had first arrived at this place, she could remember exactly what he said to her.

“My name is Shadows,” He began in a deep voice, “You are property now.”

“There will be none of that, unless you want this to be pure hell for you, you little brat.”


He was so harsh. He was horrible. How come when Brian spoke to her for the first time he was never that aggressive with her? It was almost as if he had something against Sky, something that she didn't know about. Maybe she had done something to him without her knowing so. Whatever it was, she hoped that if this was the case that he would let it go soon because it was pointless and stupid, childish.

“Fucking dick head.” She muttered, so low that it would be a struggle to hear it from the other side of the room, “I hope you choke.”

But somehow, Matt still heard that. He must have been waiting on the other side of the door because he burst back in and within seconds he had grabbed Sky by the hair and was pulling her out the room. Sky screamed and kicked at him, almost making him fall over near the top of the stairs but not quite.

Sky wouldn't give up without a fight, fear kicked in. She brought her hand up and clawed as hard as she could down the side of his face, earning a grunt and a cuss word from him but much to her dismay, he didn't let her go in fact it made him grip onto her wrist with his other hand so that he was carrying her in front of him and when he reached the bottom of the stairs, he lifted her over his shoulder.

Sky suddenly knew exactly where she was going. Matt was seriously going to lock her in the basement when she was pregnant? All because she cussed at him. She closed her eyes as the door opened and the soft tapping noise of the rats feet got louder and louder as the natural moon light decreased. It was like walking into pit, no way out.

Matt just dropped Sky on the hard floor and she hit it with a loud thump, luckily she landed on her back. Her hand came onto her stomach as she rubbed the back of her head with her other hand, “Bastard.”

Matt smirked, “Let's see how scared of the storm you are down here.”

And with that, he spun around and left.

The sound of the door being locked made Sky's stomach turn. She pushed herself against a wall and wrapped her arms around her bump shaking her head from side to side. Her fists clenched into balls and she let our an ear piercing scream of frustration. This wasn't right.

After a while, Sky let her head rest against her shoulder and she closed her eyes. She was searching for a glimpse of light, but found none and eventually gave up figuring that the power was still out. Her chest heaved in and out, the thunder was even worse than it was earlier. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of screaming for help, or getting up and banging on the door because that's exactly what he wanted.

He wanted her to be desperate.

Sky was beginning to hate him a little less earlier. Sure, she still hated the sight of him but a week ago she couldn't even be in the same room as him. He screwed it up again. He took her because he wanted her to be his... he wasn't exactly going the right fucking way about it, in fact, he was going in the opposite direction. Sky hated him even more now, and it would take him a lot of time and effort for her not too.

“Brian where the hell are you.” She muttered to herself, slapping her forehead.

Almost on cue, the door opened. Sky looked up, her eyes wide, hoping to God that Brian was standing there with a smile on his face. Instead, Johnny beckoned to her. She frowned and shook her head, if Matt wanted to say sorry he could come down here and say it. But Johnny just did it again.

“Hurry the hell up!” He hissed, “Quick.”

Sky was confused, but stood up anyway. She ran over to the stairs and made her way to the top. Johnny stuck his head out and looked around before looking back and gripping hold of her hand, pulling her out of the basement and locking the door. He pointed towards the front door which was pulled open with a chair. Sky walked out the house and saw Johnny's black BMW sat with it's doors open.

“What the hell is going-”

“Shh!” He snapped, closing the front door behind him, “Do you want him to hear?”

Sky shook her head and bit her lip. What was he doing? She watched him as he ran around to the driving seat and told her to sit in the passengers side or he was driving off without her. Sky did as she was told and closed the door quietly, trying not to let it slam. The engine started up, and Johnny drove towards the gates, typing the pass code into the security system and congratulating himself when the metal gates opened and he drove off.

“Johnny what's happening?”

Johnny smiled, “You seriously think I'd work for him? I'm undercover.”

Sky gasped, “What?! You mean-”

“Brian sent me here. He knew exactly what was going on, and he knew that Matt wouldn't let Zack or Jimmy in, so I rang him, gave him a fake ass story and rescued you.” He said sounding very pleased with himself, “Oh yeah, and then you broke my nose.”

Sky bit her lip, “I'm sorry,” taking a breath she looked back up at him, “What took you so long to get me out of there?”

“You know what he's like, he only just left the house. I guess he felt safe leaving you locked down there.”

Sky nodded, “Can I call Brain?”

Johnny put one hand in his pocket and pulled out his Blackberry, dialling Brian's number before handing it over too her. Sky was almost jumping in her seat listening to the rings. She wondered if he would even answer, it was really early in the morning.

“Hello?”

“Brian!” She squealed jumping up in her seat and almost screaming with delight.

“Oh my fucking God. Sky.” He breathed, “Where are you? You're with Johnny right-”

“Yeah, I'm with Johnny, we just got out of there.” She told him, “I missed you so much.”

“I missed you too, fuck I'm almost crying.” He told her with a small laugh, “How's the baby?”

Sky laughed, “Fine. Everything's fine.”

“He didn't touch you did he?”

Sky shook her head, “No. He didn't.”

“I'm going to meet you and Johnny half way, I can't wait. I'll call you when I'm at the bridge okay baby?” He told her, moving around so much that Sky could barely make out what he was saying.

“Okay, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Sky handed Johnny back the phone and smiled up at him, “He's going to meet us at the bridge.”

Johnny nodded and pressed his foot down harder on the gas, “Better hurry then because we're stopping at McDonalds, I'm starved.”

Sky rolled her eyes but she didn't argue with him, no matter how much she wanted him to carry on going. She just leaned over and kissed his cheek before thanking him.

“I could never let him take you away from him again.” He told her, “You're like my sister, Sky.”

“Don't get all sloppy on me short shit,” She joked, punching his arm, “Just take me to my man.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I NEED HELP.

I want to start a new story, obviously I'll still update this one but I want to start a new one.

I was thinking writing '50 shades of Shadows' basically self explanitory, along the lines of 50 shades of grey mixed up with Mr. Sanders (be warned, it will be basically a smut) OR I'm going to upload my 'Bucket List' fic again and write it from scratch.

When i get 5 people responding to this I'll update with both stories! Thanks guys.