Broken but Living

#24

Sky rolled herself over when the morning light hit her face, making her hot and annoyed. She lifted her arm up to place it on Brian's chest but her hand just smacked the mattress. She frowned and kicked her leg out to feel if he was still in the bed, he wasn't. She sighed and forced her eyes to open and look around the room. He wasn't anyway in sight. Exhaling, she dropped her body back into the bed and turned herself back over to look at the time. The clock read 2pm. Holy shit, she had slept for ages. Knowing what time it was seemed to make her less tired, she had wasted half the day, half the day that she could have spent with Brian or Zoe catching up on things.

Just when she was about to get out of the bed, she noticed the suitcases on the floor empty. Frowning, she jumped up and walked right over to the closet. Brian had put all of her clothes on one side and his on the other, all hanging nicely from the clothes hangers, her shoes placed on the floor and her belts hung up on the side. He must have gotten up earlier and put it all away from her, she thought that was really sweet of him. Sky gingerly reached out and ripped a pair of her grey sweat pants from the hanger and pulled them on over her underwear, remembering about last night and smiling awkwardly to herself.

Walking into the bathroom she smiled again. Brian had placed her make up on one side of the sink and her hair brush sat comfortably next to it. It was a small gesture, but it meant a lot to her. It was really sweet of him. Sky picked up the hair brush and ran it through her hair, before flicking some mascara on her eyelashes and spraying some deodorant under her arms. She had plenty of time to shower later, right now she wanted to be with her best friends and her husband. Sky walked back out of the bathroom and made her way down the stairs that Zoe had taken her up last night. She placed her hand on her baby bump and said good morning to the baby, something she did that comforted her and the baby. She rubbed circles on it as she walked into the living room and caught contact with everybody.

Brian was sat on the sofa with Zack and Jimmy, Zoe sitting on the floor to the side of them with Bonnie. As soon as she walked into the room, Bonnie ran over to Sky and gripped onto her leg. Sky smiled and bent down to pick her up, earning a bunch of giggles from the little girl. Bonnie kissed Sky's cheek and tugged at her hair for her to put her back down, so she did so.

Brian smiled at her from the sofa, Zacky caught the cheeky smile and winked at her, causing Sky too look at the floor at blushed. He always did that when he knew that Brian and Sky had sex. Zoe wasn't any more mature than her husband.

“Want some Pop-tarts screaming beauty?” She smirked, shaking the packet from the open kitchen.

“Screamin teauty.” Bonnie repeated, causing Jimmy to look over from the game of Guitar Hero, Brian and Zacky laughed but carried on playing, Jimmy however, was creased up and couldn't stop the eruption of laughter bursting from his chest. Sky cupped her hand over her mouth and looked at Zoe who pursed her lips, ignoring the comment completely.

Sky nodded at Zoe who turned around and placed two pop-tarts into the toaster. Brian patted the seat next to him and Sky skipped over, pecked him on his lips and sat herself down half on his lap and half leaning against the arm of the sofa. He pushed the guitar onto her lap and lifted her onto his, planting a kiss on her shoulder and wrapping his large arms around her. Sky looked over at Zacky who handed the guitar to Jimmy.

“I'm not playing you.” He told her, shaking his head and jumping over the back of the sofa.

“Why?” She asked.

“I'll get my ass kicked.” He shouted from the doorway in which Bonnie was sitting in. He gripped her from underneath her arm pits and chucked her into the air before catching her and rubbing her stomach, he repeated the process and barked at her. Bonnie was giggling and screaming cries of joy, while Zoe screaming at him not to drop her.

Jimmy chose a song for them to play and Sky began strumming and pressing the coloured buttons. Jimmy was good, but she was much better. Brian teased Jimmy through the whole thing, telling him how Sky was kicking his ass. Jimmy was a bad loser, he didn't like loosing at anything so when he finally lost the game he looked over at Sky and narrowed his bright blue eyes at her and stuck out his tongue before flipping her off and going to play with Bonnie and Zacky who were now rolling around on the floor and poking at each other.

Suddenly, a frantic Johnny ran into the room, jumping over Zacky's head and staring right at Brian, his cell phone in his hand, “I got a text from Matt.”

“What the hell does it say?” Zoe gasped, handing Sky the plate of pop-tarts from behind and leaning against the sofa on her elbows.

“'Wrong fucking move.'”

Sky tensed up. Brian noticed and whispered comforting words in her ear. It didn't help. It should help, but it didn't. Sky knew exactly what Matt was capable of, and it upset her to know that Brian and all the other guys were at a huge risk. Matt was a monster and Sky knew that he wouldn't think twice about ripping either of their throats out to get to exactly what he wanted. It made her stomach turn, she suddenly felt extremely sick. What if Matt could trace the cell phone?!

“Johnny stamp on that phone right now.” She told him in a panic.

Brian clicked on and understood what she meant, so did Zacky, “Do it!”

Johnny dropped the phone on the floor and jumped on it, both of his feet crashing through to the floor. He bent over and lifted it up, frowning.

“That was a good phone.”

“At least he can't trace us.” Zacky announced.

“We're safe here. I know we are.” Brian told everyone, “Calm down, he ain't fuckin' getting at us.”

The whole room fell silent. Nobody spoke for a while, everybody was thinking, it was obvious. Sky lifted herself from Brian's lap and sat down the guitar on the other sofa. Brian guided her hips into the seat next to him and cocked his eyebrows up at her. She just shook her head and looked down, obviously everybody was this coming, but it was just a shock. She didn't want Matt. She didn't want him anywhere near her.

Why the fuck didn't he get the message? Brian got angry every time his name was brought up and it was completely understandable. Matt had been the one to make Brian angry at Sky, he used Brian's disorder to make him angry and upset with her, Matt raped Sky, punched her around, took her from Brian when she was pregnant. It was obvious, in anybody's eyes that he fucking hated him.

Zacky picked Bonnie up and placed her on his hip when Zoe went over to them. She patted Bonnie on the head and took her from Zack, telling him to go and shower because he smelt weird. Zack rolled his eyes and grabbed his orange juice from the side before walking back up the stairs and shouting something at Zoe which made her laugh a smitten laugh. Brian pinched Sky's side lightly, causing her to turn and look up at him. He kissed her nose softly and brushed her hair from her face, frowning at her expression. She must have looked away because she felt him pulling her face back up towards him.

“He isn't going to touch you ever again,” He told her in a stern voice, “Trust me. Ever.”

Sky nodded. She wanted to ask him so many questions but she just couldn’t find herself to force out the words, they seemed far too confusing and unanswerable. She closed her eyes, and placed her head on Brian's shoulder, turning herself so that she wasn't facing him any more. She was scared. Her heart was pounding in her ears, everybody's voice seemed far away, she just couldn't concentrate.

Jimmy was stood in the doorway, one long arm placed against the door frame and the other sat comfortably on his hip. He looked over at Sky, giving her a look that she had never seen in his face before. He looked just as scared as she did. He knew. He knew that Matt wouldn't hold back and that he would do anything in his power to make sure he got what he wanted.

“Sky?”

“Yeah, sorry, what did you say?”

Brian rolled his eyes, “I said, the doctor doing your scan called this morning and said that he could do it on Monday.”

Sky gasped, “What, really? I'm not that far on yet-”

“Baby, you're talking to Synyster Gates here. I can get whatever I want.” He winked, holding back a huge smirk.

“Well,” She smirked back, “Synyster Gates better best his baby doesn't have the same attitude he does, or he's going to have a huge problem on his hands.”

Brian laughed, “I bet we're going to anyway.”

He pressed his hand onto her stomach and smiled down at it. Sky looked so odd with a baby bump, she was too tiny too have a stomach. Brian thought that she looked adorable and he was so proud knowing that she was carrying his child.

He wouldn't have it any other way.

He felt so protective over Sky. He wouldn't let her from his sight, apart from this morning when he knew that she needed to sleep. Everything that she did, he needed to know. He wouldn't let her get taken from him again. Not this fucking time. Not from the man he once called his best friend. Not over his dead body. He would rather die fighting than let Matt touch her again. Zacky had told him the same thing. If anybody ever tried to touch Sky, he would kill them. Brian already knew that Matt would have the Berries working for him. They never liked any of the band members apart from Jimmy and Matt. They hated the girls that the guys had. Hated them with a passion and always tried to mix up trouble between them all. Brian wasn't happy with them working for them, he knew that there was something twisted going on, but he never said anything to Matt. The Berries had a number of different links in the system, so Matt definitely wouldn't be working alone on this. That only made Brian more quick with thinking, he wasn't threatening by Matt any more. He wouldn't let him affect his life more than he already had.

“Guys, I hope you all know that tonight we are watching Jacobs ladder.”

A bunch of groans came about the room and Jimmy smirked.

“How many times do we have to watch that movie?” Sky groaned rolling her eyes at him.

“Shut up little pregnant woman.” Jimmy snapped, “I'll pay for the pizza.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Simple and sweet.

Okay, what gender do you think the baby is going to be?