Broken but Living

#3

“Brian! Get the door dammit!”

Brian rolled his eyes before placing the xbox controller on the wooden coffee table in front of him. He grunted loudly before heaving himself up and walking over to the door. Pulling it open he was met with Zoe pushing Bonnie in his arms, stumbling backwards.

“About time Haner, I was knocking for ages!” Zoe exclaimed as she bent down to pull off her boots.

Bonnie sat in Brian’s arms staring up at his spiky hair. She pulled her arm out and grabbed a fist full before pulling it up and making her own spike. The gel stuck to her fingers and she stared at the strange substance in shock, looking up at Brian with confused eyes. He smiled and took her hand in his while rubbing away all the sticky gel.

Sky appeared from the staircase, he hair messy and her jeans undone, “Sorry, I had to take a shower.”

Zoe shook her head, “It's fine, just look at these.” She handed Sky a handful of after-party leaflets and the pair walked into the kitchen gasping at how 'amazing' and 'beautiful' it looked.

Brian stared down at Bonnie who was still looking up at his hair. He cocked an eyebrow up at her and she copied him. He pouted and she copied him once again. He couldn't help but laugh at how much the little girl looked like Zacky facially, she had the same everything. She sat in his lap and played with the tassels on his hoodie, flicking it backwards and forwards with her index fingers.

Brian was just overly exhausted to play any games, he was kept up half of the night due to Sky's dreaming. He had done his usual routine before waking up to her screaming and kicking her legs in the air. There was no talking, but she sure as hell moved more than she normally did and it carried on for about four hours, on and off. Although he was a grown man, it still scared him. It's horrifying to watch the women you love scared to death. The guilt was great.

“Brian, come in here.”

He took Bonnie underneath her arms and carried her into the kitchen where his name was being called from, “Yeah?”

Sky reached her hand out, handing him a leaflet, “Do you like the venue? It seems like the most suitable.”

He skimmed his eyes over it and nodded, “Looks good.”

Sky took it back away from him and smiled, “It's sorted then.”

Sky felt her nerves shoot up through her, the smile soon fading. Of course she wanted to marry Brian, she was in love with him, but every marriage always turned out in a divorce. It was just something that always bothered her. She didn't want to have a broken family, she didn't want her child to be brought up around fights and arguments like she was.

The couple walked Zoe and Bonnie out to her car, holding hands. Zoe sighed when Bonnie started crying, she would miss Brian and probably not stop tearing up for another couple of hours. She just was thankful that it wasn't Jimmy.

Sky closed the door behind her and sighed deeply, rubbing her forehead with the backs of her hand. She walked over to the sofa were Brian was sat and perched herself next to him sighing when he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. He kissed the top of her forehead and switched the television on.

Sky knew Brian felt guilty about everything he had done. Whenever he looked at her, the guilt in his eyes killed her. She had forgiven him long ago, thanked him even but the message never got to him and even if it did, it probably wouldn't change things.

Sky felt Brian's phone vibrate in his pocket. He grabbed it and flipped it open, “Hello?”

“Uh sure, I'll just...”

Brian pulled the phone away from his ear and placed his hand over it, “Matt want's to talk to you.” He whispered.

Sky's whole body tensed, “What?”

Brian just held the phone out in front of him with a shrug, not really knowing what to do.

“H-Hello?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so sorry! I haven't update in a while because I have a chest infection again. But, now that I am able to type I will be updating a lot :) Sorry about this chapter being so so shit it's painful. I'll update again later tonight if you guys comment and leave me love haha.

By the way, I really really want to do a Oneshot - Leave me a message or something on what I should write it about :3