Broken but Living

#5

“Would you hold still? I can't do the zipper!”

“Sorry Zo, I'm so fucking nervous.”

Sky's hands twisted together, her fingers wet with sweat. It was her wedding day, and in her opinion it had arrived sooner that it should have. She was never good with her nerves, nor was she good with attention and all the attention would be on her when she walked up that aisle, what if she tripped? Or said something she shouldn't? Holy fuck her heart was in her mouth.

“Zoe I'm going to be sick.”

“No you're not, look at me.”

Sky spun around and connected eyes and hands with her best friend, “Today is your day okay? You're marrying the man you love, fuck everyone else. If you get to nervous just remember Brian's up there, probably feeling even worse than you.”

Sky nodded slowly, “You're right.”

“I know I am. Now let's go.”

“Wait. My hair doesn't look right.” She turned her head and sighed deeply after pulling a couple of strands away from her forehead, “Help Zo.”

Zoe rolled her eyes as she possistioned herself infront of Sky moving the hair into the right place so that it looked perfectly situated around her headband, “There. It looks great.”

“Hows Brian?”

“Well he's nervous as fuck. Johnny had to give him a shot of Jack to calm his nerves.”

Sky nodded slowly, “D-Did you see Matt?”

“Yeah. He brought his girl with him, that's alright isn't it?” She asked, stopping what she was doing and looking up at Sky's eyes.

Sky nodded again, “Yeah that's fine.” But was it? Was it okay that he could bring her?

They had both decided to get married in the same place that Brian's father did, it was a small church in Huntington Beach, right by the sea. Brian didn't want to get married in a church at first, he thought it was a little over the top but Sky had insisted they did and even though she wasn't religious it just seemed like the right thing to do after all what's happened.

The soft music was already playing when she reached the doors. Sky inhaled deeply and gave the doorman a quick nod taking a step backwards as she let go of Zoe's hand. The doors opened and within a second the whole church was visible. Sky took a deep breath in as she walked down the aisle, her eyes focused on Brian. He looked gorgeous in his suit and tie, his hair spiked up and his face filled with happiness. A huge smile crept on her face when she heard Bonnie shout something over the music, Zacky's hushed voice afterwards trying to calm down the excited toddler who was sitting on Jimmy's lap.

Sky stepped up the red tiled stairs and Brian immediately took hold of her hand. He shuffled close to her and bent down to whisper into her ear, “You look absolutely beautiful.”

She blushed, she did every time he complimented her. She couldn't understand a word the priest was saying, her nerves wouldn't allow her to concentrate. She felt her hand receive a quick squeeze from Brian's fingers, telling her everything was alright. This seemed so surreal.

“Do you, Skylar Nox take Brian Elwin Haner Junior, to be your lawful wedded husband?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Brian Elwin Haner Junior, take Skylar Nox to be your lawful wedded wife?”

“I do.”

“I know pronounce you, man and wife, you may now kiss the bride.”

Brian dipped down his head and placed a small but passionate kiss on her lips before pulling away and brushing her hair away from her eyes. She smiled up at him, feeling like a thousand roses from the look he was giving her.

“I love you Sky.”

“I love you too Brian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't attack me. I hate wedding scenes, I've never really witnessed a wedding so I had no idea what they're like so just spare me for now.

After this chapter things start to get messy. Comment! Tell me what you guys are expecting x)!
xxx