Broken but Living

#7

Sky couldn't relax as Brian planted kisses up her neck. She was just staring off into space, completely terrified for Winter. The fact that Matt was calling her Sky made her want to cry out and get on the next plane home, she knew how he got with her. She reached forwards and pushed him away from her by his chest, pulling her legs up and then stretching his shirt that she was wearing over her knees.

“What's wrong baby?”

“Nothing, I'm tired.”

“Wore you out huh?” He whispered, winking at her.

She smirked at him, flicking his nose with the pad of her thumb before turning over on her side and pushing her back against his torso. He wrapped an arm around her and placed his head against her shoulder, his breathing evening out pretty quickly. She wasted no time sliding out from underneath him and carefully creeping out of the room.

“Fuck.” She cursed under her breath as she tripped over one of Brian's shoes left in the hallway. Shaking, she grabbed Brian’s phone from her dressing gown's pocket and stared at Matt's number. She flicked it back and forth between her index finger and her thumb, contemplating her decision to call him.

This wasn't about Sky and her problem with Matt any more, this was about Winter and her safety. She had to do something, she had to call him to know what had happened to her. She took the phone in her right hand and pressed call, slowly bringing the phone up to her ear, her stomach filled with butterflies and her throat dry.

“Hello?”

She gulped pausing for a second, “Hello, Matt?”

“S-Skylar?”

She felt herself cringe as she leant against the bathroom door, her heart thudding louder when she heard Winters muffled voice in the background, “I was just ringing to check if you were okay.”

“I'm fine,” He replied quickly, his voice sounding desperate, “How are you? How are you and Brian doing?”

“We're good,” She swallowed, “How's you and Winter?”

“Great.” He said blankly.

“C-Can I speak to her?”

“Why?” He snapped.

“Please can I speak to her?”

There was a shuffling sound, “Hello, Sky- Please get home, help me I can't-”

Sky placed her hand on her chest, listening to Matt grunting and the phone line going funny, “Winter?!”

And then It went dead. Sky pulled the phone away from her ear, staring down at it disbelief. Her eyes wide and her throat dry... that could not have just happened. He was hitting her, he was doing horrible thing to her... it was her fault. Sky couldn't leave her alone, she couldn't let another girl die at the hands of that asshole.

Without even thinking she stood up and slammed open the bedroom door, causing Brian to jump up alerted in the bed. He frowned and rubbed his eye with his fist, watching her slam her suitcase on the floor and begin to pack all of her things into it.

“What are you doing?” He asked sleepily, yawning in mid-sentence.

“We've got to go.” She snapped, standing up and pulling the sheets away from him, “Quickly, get up.”

“Why? What the fucks happened?” He swung his legs over the side of the bed and stood up quickly, “Sky?”

“Winters in trouble, Matt's beating her we've got to go! Just get ready!” She panted, still storming around the bedroom, grabbing anything she could find that belonged to her or Brian and just throwing it into the suitcase. She had never felt so panicked for someone else in her whole life.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Brian stood up and gripped hold of her shoulders, turning her so that she was facing him. She was biting her lip, her cheeks red and her eyes blood-shot.

“Winter rang me earlier, she said Matt's hitting her and calling her Sky,” She took a deep breath in, “He's going to kill her! He's going to kill her like he killed River!”

Brian felt his heart skip a beat, a pain shooting up his chest, “I knew this would happen.”

“Just pack your things-”

“Let me ring Matt.”

Sky took a step back from him, staring at him as if he had two heads, “W-Why?”

“I'll talk sense into him, just let me talk to him.” He snatched the phone away from her grasp and dialled his number.

Sky wouldn't listen to whatever he had to say, she was flying back to California on the next possible flight and saving Winter. It was all her fault.

“No answer.” Brian mumbled, running a hand through his thick hair, “Do you want to leave?”

“No,” She spat, “Of course I don't want to fucking leave. I've got to leave, can't you see? This is all my fault! That poor girl is getting beat up by him and I can't even save her!”

Brian felt his heart drop into his ass, “It's not your fault he's a psychopath Sky.”

“Please get me back home Brian. Please.” She sunk into his chest, wrapping her arms around his torso and sobbing quietly. He leant down and kissed the top of her head, rubbing a loving hand up and down her back.

“I'll call the airport.”
♠ ♠ ♠
If I get 5 comments I'll add the next chapter right away :) I'm so excited to finally get into this story x) Let's see if you can guess what's going to happen.