New Destiny

New Arrival

The moving van screeched to a halt outside of their new house. Alexander opened the door of the van and stepped out to the paved driveway. he continued to turn and walk on the cobble stone path that led up to the door of the new home. His mother got out the van, carrying the cage holding their cat, Rose. She smiled,"We are here!," and she put down the cage and stretched her arms and yawned.

His father then came out the driver's door and tossed the keys to Alexander, "Here you go sport, you be the first one to open the door."

Ugh! Don't call me sport- He thought.

He then took the key and put it in the keyhole.

With a click, the lock released and the door opened with a bit of a creak. Alexander walked into the hallway. It was empty, of course, because they just moved in. His mother came in with the cat and opened the cage. Rose came out of her cage, stretched, and sniffed the air of her new environment.

His mother stood up and pointed out of the door, "Alex, go help your father with the boxes, I'll help in a moment."

Alex sighed, and went out to the van. "Mom told me to help, anything I can bring in?"

His father grabbed a couple boxes, "Sure sport..."

"Dad!"

" ...son, grab this box."

"Okay," Alex said and grabbed the box and slowly went up the steps, ( for the box was heavy), to the door. He wiped his brow.
What was in their ?bricks?-He thought.

After two hours, everything was in the house, and his parents were moving the large furniture everywhere. They put down the couch, wiped sweat off their faces,and sat down.

"That's good enough for tonight," his mother said, panting.

"Get the sleeping bags from that box," his father said, pointing to the large box.

Alexander got off the floor,"Sure."

He went over and started ripping the box open. When he got it opened, he noticed an old yearbook and pulled it out. He let out a deep sigh.

His mother heard and said, "What's the matter?"

"Oh nothing"

"Honey, parents always know whats wrong. Come over here."

Alex went over and handed her the yearbook.

She opened it, "Oh...you miss your school," she paused and patted Alex's shoulder, "but don't worry sweetie, you will make new friends."

I sure hope so- He thought, and sighed

Alex plunked himself into the cushy armchair and started to look at the old yearbook.
After five minutes, he got drowsy, closed his eyes, and fell asleep in the armchair.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Neisan's story and shall not be copied, EVER!
Thank you!

Could you please comment after reading...I would like to know how this story is going so far..Thanks !