New Destiny

Secrets Never go Untold: Part 1

Their Starbuck's routine of the gang still continued. School began again, after Christmas. Alex sipped on his vanilla bean latte, and reading a new magazine he had just purchased.

Karen was talking to Sandra, and looked at James. His head was down, and no smile was painted onto his face. "What's wrong James?"

James slowly brought his head up, "Nothing..."

Sandra glared, "Okay seriously cut the 'nothing' crap, I am so freaking sick of it!"

James sighed, "Fine, I just figured out that one of my friends is in the hospital."

Violet gasped, "What? Is he okay?"

"The doctors said he is, but I do not know if I can trust them."

Karen looked at him straight in the eyes, "Listen, you should trust them. They know exactly how he is."

James sighed again, "I guess I should."

"What happened to him?" Sandra asked, putting a soothing hand on James' shoulder.

"He was beaten up severally, by two men."

Everyone gasped. Alex's eyes went wide.

-He...is....Mark's....no, can't be!-Alex thought, his mind swimming with tons of thoughts.

James put his chamomile tea down on the table, "Listen, can you guys keep a secret?"

Everyone went closer, "Of course."

"Please follow me for a walk." And he went out of the door.

Everyone followed, putting on their coats. Violet softly reached for Alex's hand, and they locked hands, walking down the sidewalk on the chilled day.
***
James kept walking until he reached a small alley. A green, large garbage can took up most of the space. He stopped and turned to face the gang. They listened. "Listen, I do not know how to put this, but..."

"But what?" Violet asked.

"I'm gay." He said, and started to shake.

Everyone remained silent. They were all most likely in thought, but they were in shock. Finally, breaking the silence, Sandra said, "I am cool with that."

"Me too," Karen said, and hugged James.

Violet let go of Alex's hand and went up to James, "We accept you and you are our friend, no matter what you are."

James smiled. Alex looked surprised,"You guys never knew?"

Sandra looked at him, "Of course not."

"Why though?"

"Because," she raised an eyebrow, "he did not want to tell us just then."

"So, Mark is your boyfriend..."

"What? How did you know!?" James said, with a shock.

"I..I..."

"Wait? Were you there when he got beaten up?"

"Y...Y...es....yes I w..was" Alex said, feeling embarrassed.

"Thank you! You saved him!" And James hugged him.

Alex, feeling a little uncomfortable, gave him a light, quick hug and said, "Well..."

"He told me someone helped him, but he didn't know who. Thank you!"

"No...problem.....?"

"Anyways....I got to go see him, bye," and James took off.

Violet looked at Alex, "My hero," and she kissed him on the lips.

Sandra and Karen squealed. Alex turned a bright red, but enjoyed the kiss all at the same time. even on that chilled day, the warm, passionate kiss warm him up. They finished, and Sandra giggled.

"What" Alex asked, holding Violet close to him.

"You two are now a couple." and she smiled.

"I predicted it!" Karen said.

"Anyways, I am glad that he told us, he looks much happier," Violet said.

"Me too, me too." Alex said, and he hugged Violet.

They all took off to go home as a group.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is in two parts, This one and at the Hospital.....What will happen there?