New Destiny

From Normal to Insanity

-God, High school is confusing- Alex thought as he walked to school.

He walked slowly, the heaviness of his book bag slouching his back. He groaned in pained, and walked up the steps of the school. There he met up with Violet, and kissed her softly on the lips.

She smiled, and said, "So, you have your science project done?"

"Of course. You?"

"Are you stupid?"

"No."

Violet laughed. They held hands going in, and went to the library.

Alex broke the silence, "So, what do you have Block A?'

"Science. You should have known that."

Alex laughed with a little red in his cheeks, "Yeah, I should have known."

Violet giggled and hugged Alex, "I love you."

"I love you as well."

Violet kissed him on the cheek, and entered the library. Alex followed her in, smiling and they all sat down at a green, metal table with Karen, James, Mark, and Sandra.

James put his book down. "Hello Violet and Alex."

"Hello." They both said, and then smiled seeing they talked at the same time.

Sandra put down her manga, "Ugh! I have a math test today."

"That sucks." Mark said. He secretly put his hand on James' thigh.

James squinted, but looked at Mark with loving eyes.

"So, where should we meet for lunch?" Karen asked.

"The bench by the fountain." Alex said.

The five minute warning bell rung.

Everyone said their goodbyes before heading to class with their heavy books.
**
Holding hands, Violet and Alex got to their science lab room door. They went in and got into their seats which were beside each other.

The teacher began writing on the chalkboard, and said, "Class. We will learn about isotopes today."

Everyone groaned. Violet bit the tip of her ballpoint pen.

"Oh come on class, its not that bad." the teacher said, and made a stupid laugh.

Alex sneaked out his lime green cellphone, flipped it open and started texting to Sandra.

He wrote: Oh my god, class is so boring! I mean, isotopes? seriously...how is class fork you?

The send image popped up,and he closed his cell phone.

"Isotopes are elements that have the same number of protons, but different number of neutrons. Now I am going to pass out this sheet on isotopes.."

The class groaned once more with boredom.

"..and you hand it to me at the end of class."

Alex felt a vibration in his thigh, and realized it was his cellphone. He took it out of his jean pocket and opened it. It was a message from Sandra, and it said:

Hey Alex! You should being doing your work, like I should be doing this test. Its so stupid and hard! Ugh! But other than that I am good. What are you doing in class?

Alex closed his cellphone and smiled. He started writing answers on his sheet.

The P.A system came on with a click. The Principal's voice went on.

"Code red! Code red! All staff please lock down classrooms. This is not a drill!"

And with that, Alex could feel the grasp of Violet's hand tighten between his.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is nearing the end of this story.