Status: In Process

Letters to Nobody

There's No Place Like Home

Sunday night, I was sitting in the couch with my family, including Felicita, mom and my dad cuddling in a corner with Sophie in their arms, my grand dad was beside me and my little brother was resting his head in my lap as we all watched The Wizard of Oz.

I hated that movie... Okay, don't get me wrong, I don't hate it; I just dislike the midget guys called Munchkins that lived in the Oz land were Dorothy landed. They just creeps me out with their singing and all... God, I swear I'm going to have nightmares tonight...

When we were done watching the movie, I went to my room and lay down on my bed. Everything was so peaceful. I could hear the crickets singing, the moonlight was entering trough my window illuminating my soft violet walls with white flowers patterns. I love this place so much! My dad designed the room when I was little; he always loved when I came here for summer vacations so he made this room only for me.

I closed my eyes drifting into my own world but suddenly I felt someone jumping on my bed. I didn't react. I still had my eyes closed and I didn't bother to open them.

"Stop jumping on my bed, Liam." There was no more jumping, but I felt him lying besides me holding my hand.

"Do you love me?" I open my eyes surprised. I turned my head looking at him, but his eyes didn’t meet mine; he was staring at the ceiling.

"Of course I do silly!" I squeezed his hand tightly and he looked at me.

"More than Tristan?" He asks.

"Much more. You are my brother Liam and I love you with all my heart." I said sincerely.

"Are you happy with Tristan?" He looked serious. God, he's 9 years old, almost 10, and he wants to play the role of big brother? I guess kids these days are way more mature than I was when I had that age...

"I am." I said thinking about the good moments with him. "Why are you asking me all these questions?" I retorted.

"Well... It’s because I saw you yesterday with the guy granddad hired for the job before I joined you with Sophie, and you looked happy." I was stunned.

"Were you spying on me?" I sat on my bed, I was indeed surprised and my face showed it.

"No!" He sat beside me. "I just woke up and I looked outside the window and saw you two running towards the house and you looked really happy. That's the only reason why I asked..." He looked down and blushing. Liam never liked to admit he do something wrong, that’s shy he blushed but being sincere; he didn’t do anything wrong so I skipped the scolding speech.

"What do you think about him?" I ask curious of his opinion, Liam looked at me strangely.

"Well... I think he's a good guy and he's funny. I think he's in love with you." He was looking straight to my eyes now.

"How can you say that? He doesn't know me that long..." I looked away because I knew I was blushing…

"I know it because he looks at you the same way dad looks at mom... He always has that dumb smile when you were around him and I just know it. I can feel it in my bones." Liam said moving his entire body making me laugh.

"Stop moving like that!" I said holding his body still.

"I'm telling you the truth sis." His not going to drop the subject...

"How do you know all that? You are only 9." He's so clever some times...

"Almost 10." He assured. "And dad told me that stuff, the other I Google it." He stuck his tongue out.

"Interesting. I should confiscate your laptop." I said and didn’t give him time to answer me because I started to tickle him. After a few minutes we ended lying down on the bed laughing.

"Right now I'm happy with Tristan, Liam so you don't have to worry about anything."

"I have to worry because you are my sister and I have to take care of you even if I'm younger!"

"I know and I appreciate it, just don't overdo it. I can take care of myself." I said serious looking at the ceiling.

"If you said so, but I will be watching you very closely." I look at him and smiled, at the same time he put his index and middle finger close to his eyes and then he move them leaving his index finger pointing at me.

"Yeah right... Let's get some sleep." I turned to his side and he turned to mine. I smiled to him and we slowly were giving into the exhaustion...

We represent the Lullaby League
The Lullaby League, the Lullaby League.
And in the name of the Lullaby League
We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land...


What the heck?! I open my eyes and sat on my bed. Liam was still asleep and I keep hearing the song. This must be a nightmare, but no... I was awake and my room was dark. I could only see a little because of the moonlight. I put my feet on the floor and started walking towards the door.

I turned the door lock and the door opened. I looked to the right and then to the left of the hallway and I distinguished a figure in the left side. It was a little girl wearing a pink pajama... If this was a Japanese horror movie, I would be dead by now... She keeps singing the stupid Munchkin song. I wanted to kill her.

"Sophia?" The little blond girl looked at me with her blue eyes and smiled. “Why are you up at this time of the night?" I ask.

"I couldn't sleep... I'm afraid of the Wicked Witch of the West..." I took her in my arms and carried her to my room.

"That's just a movie silly. Nothing in there is real."I said caressing her cheek.

"Promise?" She asked looking at me with those beautiful and cute blue eyes.

"Yes, now let's get to the bed." I entered to my room and closed the door.

"I'm going to sleep with you?" She asks with hope in her voice.

"Yes and with Liam." I answered.

"AWESOME!" My little sis say exited. I put her on the bed beside me and I was next to Liam. "Can we play tomorrow?"

"If you go to sleep now, yes." I answer closing my eyes.

"I'm already asleep!" I smile to that and covered us with the sheets.

"Good night Sophie." I said as I was taking the road to dreamland...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there! Sorry for the long wait... Uni is driving me crazy with so much work! I will try and update again early Sunday or maybe Saturday, I don't know...
Be patient with me! I promise I won't disappoint you readers ^.^
Comment & Subscribe =D