Status: In Process

Letters to Nobody

Invitation

Fuck! I almost ruin everything! I almost kissed Savannah! And I'm glad her brother interrupted us. I would have probably kissed her and ruin our friendship for sure if he didn’t, but... Ugh! She smelled so good! Her beautiful brown hair just smells like fresh coconut and her skin too. I could hear her heartbeat going crazy in her chest as mine was the same. Being so close to her made me realize I have never feel this way toward any other girls. When I wanted a girl I had her without hesitation, but with Savannah, things are different...

I can't have Savannah because she has a boyfriend she loves deeply and if I try to steal her away from him and break them apart, she would surely hate me and I don't want that. At times I think I should have accepted Dianne's proposition, but then again, I'm not that Douglas anymore...

"Stop daydreaming Dough, and let's get to work." Liam said serious as he takes out of a box some pieces of wood and two pencils.

"Okay, I will make the sketch now." I said taking a piece of paper.

I was in Liam's room with the door closed and with the lock on. I'm helping him to build a small plane for his art project due on September, but he also asked me to help him with something else, although, he hasn't said what it is about, but I have my suspicions is something that has to do with his sister because if not, why would have he closed the door with the lock on?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Finish!" I said releasing a deep sight as I handed Liam the sketch I have been working on over an hour.

"It's AWESOME!" Liam said exited. "Let's start drawing it on the wood." He said taking a big piece of flat wood in the middle of us while I took a pencil.

"Let's get ready to rumble!" I said as I took a wood peace.

"I think you watch too much basketball!" Liam said laughing.

"No, I watched too much Space Jam when I was a kid and my dad loves basketball so..." I said scratching the back of my head.

"At least my dad isn't obsessed with sports, but with work..." I noticed Liam looking down. I bet his dad doesn't have time to play with him... When I had my children, I will never neglect them for my work, even if that chance was taken away from me before.... I had an idea.

"If you want we can watch a game later, play baseball or some other sport outside." I suggested him and his face only showed excitement.

"Really?!" He was smiling brightly.

"Of course. We can go after we draw the plane parts in the wood and I can come back tomorrow or whenever you need my help. I’ll come right away." I smile to him.

"Thank you." He said as he lay on his chest and started drawing in the wood. I did the same and started a conversation that lasted for a long time until a knock on the door distracted us.

"What do you want?" Liam asks not taking his eyes off of the wood.

"It's almost 3 in the afternoon and I made some sandwiches for both of you." She paused for a few seconds. "You should go soon because Sophie has taken a liking into the sandwiches and she hasn't stop eating them."

"We would go later, don't let Sophia eat all of them!" Liam said protesting at the end.

"I will try..." She said and I could hear her foot steps down the hall.

"I finished." I said getting up and stretching myself.

"I'm almost... Done!" Liam throws the pencil in the box with the wood and hid it in his closet. "We can go downstairs now."

Liam unlocked his door and we walked through the hall and then descended the stairs. I followed him to the kitchen and there was like a dozen of sandwiches cut in half without the crust. We take them and two glasses filled with orange juice. I sat down in the living room couch and Liam sat beside me. He turns the TV on and we started watching a soccer game. Both of us were very enthusiastic about the game and watched it until the end.

"Maybe we should go out and play something, the sun is still out." I suggested looking at him.

"Okay! But I just have baseball equipment..." He said looking down.

"Don't worry, I like that sport too." I answer as I ruffled his hair. I didn't like seeing him down.

"Wait for me outside then. I'm going to be right back!" Liam got up and ran directly to the stairs. I did as he said and I was outside looking for the right place to play baseball, because I didn't want to break anything.

As I walked around the house, I ended in the back yard and there was a hammock with both ends strongly tied to two tall and strong trees with soft purple flowers covering them all. Some of them were falling as the strong wind moved some of it branches, but at the same time the hammock was rocking slowly side to side and when I look closely, I see a body there, a small framed body slowly breading with her hair moving alongside the wind with some small purple flowers tangled in her hair.

This view had me captivated. I couldn't stop staring at her and then my feet moved by an impulse until I was in front of her. I slowly extend my hand and touch her hair, it was a wet, but the wind was drying it. She looks so cute and fragile and my only wish is to hold her close to me and protect her. She was doing that to Sophia who was soundly asleep too in the hammock besides her. Both of them had purple flowers in their hair and body. As I looked around, a soft pink flower was falling from the tree.

I take the flower in my hand. It was the same as the others, but only the color was different, one of a kind should I say. I look at the flower for a few seconds and then to Sav. Carefully, I took the hair that was on her face and put it behind her ear and then I put the flower in her ear. After that I hesitantly kiss her forehead... It took all the courage I had to do that, but I won't regret it, never. I turned and started walking.

"Don't go..." I froze... This can't be true! Fuck!

I turned around and to my luck, she was still asleep, but moving uncomfortably. I go back to her and bend down a little and whispered in her ear. "Go back to sleep, Sav. I will watch your dreams.” I caressed her cheek softly and she stops moving.

"Dough! Where are you?!" I could hear Liam calling me so I left rapidly afraid she will wake up.

Once I reached Liam, we started to play baseball near the warehouse for a few hours. We were having so much fun, until she called my name. I was throwing the ball to Liam and I did it so hard that the ball went directly to the warehouse window. Lucky the window was open so I didn't break anything.

"Douglas!" I heard her again. I'm dead... She has to know what I did earlier in the hammock... I stare at Liam and he shrugged his shoulders. I saw her getting close to me, with her hair moving along side and she still had the flower I put on her ear.

"What?" I ask pretending I didn't do or know anything.

"Are you free tomorrow?" She asks panting; I think she was looking all over the house for me.

"I think so, why?" I ask surprised by her question taking off the baseball glove.

"Umm... My friends wanted to hang out so they told me to invite my friends and that's what I'm doing..." Savannah looked down, I knew she was nervous and I bet she's blushing.

"I can go." Sav looked at me. "But," She frowns. "I don’t want to cause you any trouble with your boyfriend, or friends so..." She just answers me with a smile.

"Don't worry about that, you are my friend too. Tristan needs to understand that." Sav assured me and well, I’m not going to argue with her.

"Where are they going to meet?" I ask.

" We are meeting at the mall out of town." I don’t know where that is…

"Your boyfriend is picking you up?" I ask hopping he wouldn’t.

"No, I will ask my granddad to take me." She answers placing a strand of her hair behind her left ear were the flower wasn’t attached.

"We can go together." I suggested trying to hide my excitement.

"I don't want to be a bother, Douglas.” She said looking down.

"You are not going to be a bother, Sav, we are going to the same place. Besides, I could use some company and a guide because I don’t know where the mall is." I now assure her.

"If you put it that way..." Now she was looking at her feet slowly moving it side to side making a hole in the ground. I couldn’t help but smile, she’s so cute and interesting that I can’t help but to fall for her more than I already am…

"Oh, say yes already." I insisted.

"Okay... And thanks." Savannah looked at me and I smile to her.

"Savie" Liam called and she looked at him. "Can we watch a movie?"

"Yes, but we should wait until it gets darker." She said getting close to him.

"Do you want to sleep over, Dough?" I stood there frozen. What should I say?

"Umm... I don't know if it's a good idea..." I said scratching my head.

"It is! You can sleep in my room and granddad won't say anything!" I bet he was looking forward to it and I couldn’t bring myself to say no.

"Well, if it's okay with your granddad, then I guess I can stay." I said smiling to him.

"Awesome!" He gave me a high five and then we bump our knuckles.

"We should go inside." Sav suggested interrupting us.

"Okay, but I have to find the baseball ball." I handed the baseball glove to Liam.

"We will wait for you inside." She said taking the bat in her hands helping her brother and then they walk toward the house.

I walk to the warehouse and entered. It was spacious and there were a lot of things. I was walking around trying to find the window, but it took me a few minutes. When I finally found it, I looked around and I found an old mattress besides a book shelf. Unfortunately, in the floor, I saw some kind of figure broken and the ball was beside it. I started to clean that up when I found something below a broken piece. I took the leather cord and with that a small key was attached. I put that key in my pocket and finish cleaning the area. After that, I closed the window and went outside going to the house. In my way I could feel the key in my pocket wondering what that key will open…
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello there! =D
First of all, I hope you forgave me for not updating in this pas few weeks, I have been busy with Uni and all... But I hope this chapter can make up for that. At least you all now know were the key is and I hope you are wondering what happen in Douglas past! >.<
If you have any questions you can message me or leave a comment, I will gladly answer your questions. ^.^