Status: In Process

Letters to Nobody

Unexpected

It's been three weeks since Tristan helped me open the box. After dinner, I went home looking for that key everywhere but didn't find it... I took every small key in the house to try to open the padlock. I even took my granddad's key chain and tried every key and still nothing.

Currently, I'm at the grocery store with my brother and sister and all I could think about is that box. I have to admit that I'm obsessed with it. Like I said, it's all I can think about. Even Tristan is mad at me for that... I always bring that topic up when I'm with him, so is very reasonable that his mad at me, but I just can't help it! I want to know what's in there so bad! It's killing me. The pain is killing me...

"I'm so sorry! I don't know where I was looking!" A guy said.

I looked around and I was on the floor. Obviously, I fell and landed on my butt really hard, that's what hurts... "Ouch..." I said rubbing my back.

"Let me help you up." I saw a hand in front of me and I took it without looking at his owner.

"Thanks. I should be the one to apologize... I wasn't looking where I was going..." I said but he had a grip on my hand. I felt strange and that's when I decided to look up and meet his dark green eyes and the semi long brown hair. He was the new guy.

"No, I'm definitely the one at fault." He said with a smile on his lips. "By the way, I'm Douglas."

"Savannah." I felt awkward. He haven't let go of my hand still until I tried to take it back.

"Sorry..." He apologizes and took his hand behind his neck and rubbed it. I guess it’s a habit of him.

"Its okay." I was looking around for my brother and sister but couldn't find them.

"Do you live here?" Douglas asks while I still looked around.

"Yes and no." I answer.

"How come?" He stared at me with curious eyes.

"I just live here in the summer." I spotted my brother next to the cereal section.

"Oh..." He looked like he wanted to talk more but I just couldn't.

"I have to go, my brother and sister are over there alone."I waved good bye to him and headed to where my brother and sister were.

"Can we talk another time?" He had hopes in his eyes but I have to turn that offer down even if I wanted to talk to him.

"I'm sorry but no, I can't." I turned around.

"Why?" He's so stubborn...

I rolled my eyes and faced him again. "Because I have a boyfriend."

"We can just be friends." His suggestion wasn't the best of the options. Tristan wouldn't like me to befriend this guy.

"I can't, sorry..." And I left. I reunited with my brother and sister and soon after we finish buying the groceries and left.

In the house, I put all the groceries in their respective places and started cooking for my family. I make chicken Alfredo with potato salad and natural orange juice. I started eating with my brother and sister and then my granddad joined us. He kissed my forehead before sitting down on the table, and my little siblings left the table to play.

"How have you been sweetie?" He asks to me and then he took the fork and started eating.

"I'm fine." I answer smiling.

"Does that smile have something to do with Mr. Howard?" A knowing smile was on his face, he knew me more than my own mother.

"Yes..." I hid my face because I was blushing.

"He's been respectful, right?" He asks with concern looking at me.

"Of course, dad." I like to call him dad too, is shorter.

"That's good." We keep eating in silent until we both were finished. "The food was delicious like always, Sav." He took his plate and the ones the little kids left behind.

"Thanks." I said picking mine making my way to the kitchen to do the dishes.

"By the way" I looked at him; he was taking an apple from the fridge. ", tomorrow is coming a young guy to help me work on the garden." I bet he needs my help for something.

"And?" I ask still watching the dishes.

"I was hoping you could help us. I know how much you love roses, sunflowers and tulips and I have a few of them at the garden planted just for you." I knew it. "Can you?" He insisted.

"Fine, I'm going to help you." Dad hugged me.

"Thank you very much." He said happy letting me continue with my work.

"What time do I have to be up?" I ask.

"Six thirty in the morning..." I looked at his eyes.

"I hate you." I finished the dishes and I was cleaning my hands.

"If you don't take that back, I won’t tell you were I hid the tree chocolate layer cake!" He stuck his tongue out.

"I love you so much!" I hugged him now and he patted my head.

"That's better now." He said and took his keys. "Now I have to buy a tree chocolate layer cake. See you soon."

"Bye dad!"

When I was waiting for my dad to bring me the cake, Tristan called me. We talked about an hour or so and he told me he had an interview at a coffee shop. He was excited about that and he truly wanted to have that job. I was happy for him but it means less time together with him since this is the last summer of his school years... He also told me he qualified for a scholarship in Europe because his coach recommended him, so he only have to accept it, but Tristan says he hasn't decided yet. I don't want him to go but if that's what he want, I have to understand and support him, even if it kills me...

I ended the call when my dad came back with the cake and he cut a big piece for me and one for him. We started talking again and I realize I didn't tell Tristan about the new guy... I hope he never knows I talked to him. Besides, I'm never going to talk to Douglas again so there is no harm in not telling him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update! =D
Sorry if there are any mistakes in the grammar... =/
Comment & Subscribe! ^.^
Tell me if you like it so far or if you want something more in the story. =)