Status: Finished

Bent

END

Davey came home for a bit after I had been at my new school for a few months. His beard was longer, and he brought Maxine. She was a pretty girl with large, soft eyes and a movie star smile who dressed like she blindly grabbed in the closet every morning. She was sarcastic and quick-witted and quirky.

I liked her immensely. We got to talking and she told me about being bullied and cutting, and how she got over it. When they left I missed them both a lot. Then Pennylee came over.

It was a really rainy day and I had a day off school cause of some teacher’s meeting. I invited Pennylee over after school. At three she knocked on the door and I rushed to open it. Pennylee stood there in rain boots, grinning at me.

Her hair was damp and stuck to her face, and her cheeks were flushed pink. I thought she was adorable. Before I could say hello Pennylee kissed me. It was a little awkward, but her lips were soft and warm, and she tasted like strawberries. I felt my knees go weak and I grabbed her shoulders, letting her deepen the kiss.

She stroked a hand down my back and cupped my bum, pulling me closer to her. When she broke the kiss we were both breathing hard, and my lips tingled. “I’m sorry, I just, I had to do that while I had the courage.” “Don’t be sorry. That was awesome.” I grabbed her and kissed her again, softer this time.

Her skin was smooth and when she pulled back and smiled my heart felt all warm. I looked at Pennylee and saw my past, present, and future, and it thrilled me. I decided I like being bent.

END