Status: I'll be posting when I can(:

A Simple White Rose

The Beginning

A cold autumn breeze swept through the rafters of my cottage, a dusty, worn-out piece of architecture that hardly deserved the name. Perhaps at one point, it could have been called a home, but in its current state, one could barely make out the structure. It was more of a foundation with a straw roof. This piece of rubble, more formally called my citadel, sat just outside of Knockturn Alley, housed behind the Shrunken Heads.

Every morning was the same, just as this one. I walked through Knockturn Alley to a shop called Borgin and Burkes, where I would buy water and food from a man named Mr. Borgin. He had taken pity on me, though I beleive it was more my money than anything he enjoyed. On my visits I would glance around at the displays of dark-magiked objects. My favorite was the cursed necklace, a beautiful thing that I had been told multiple times in my early youth to never touch. I hadn't.

On occasions I would see a few strangers in the shop, one that I remembered very well; Luscious Malfoy. I had never once spoken to him, out of fear mostly. I recognized his kind, a follower of the Dark Lord. Sometimes tagging along, though, was his son, Draco, an exact replica of his father. Exact.

After I had come from Mr. Borgin's, I would eat a small ration and then get straight to work at the cauldron shop on Diagon Alley, and I would stay until the wee hours of the night. I wasn't paid much, I was only 15 (or so I thought), but it was enough to survive on. Once a month, I would buy a robe or two, and at one point around the age of 10, I had bought a wand and a broom.

When I wasn't working, I was studying, though it was mostly dark magic, or I was kept company by my pet snake. Her name was Drekia (Dray-kie-uh), a ball python around the length of six feet. We spoke about our day, though hers consisted of nothing more than hunting and sleeping, whereas mine was nothing but work or a new spell or potion I had mastered.

Today, however, Dre was asleep on the hay bed I had constructed for her, still digesting a field rat she had caught last night. I smiled at her sleeping body, and told her in a light voice, "I'll see you after work, Dre. Oh, and if you could, catch a rabbit. I'd like to eat something other than left overs from Borgin and Burkes...." She nodded lightly in a dazed wakefullness, if that even made sense.

I sighed and walked out of my home, and crossed the yard of Shrunken Heads, off to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!!!!!!!!!! (:
I REALLY hope this is good. PLEASE comment and subscribe :D :D :D