Status: I'll be posting when I can(:

A Simple White Rose

Snape and the Sorting Hat

The rest of the train ride was quite monotonous, and I enjoyed it as much as being stabbed repeatedly. Hermoine was an annoying dim-witted girl, though intelligent as she was. Not to mention a mudblood, which I had always disliked.... And Ron was just as bad. As was Harry, the boy-who-lived. What rubbish!

I was currently standing in line for the hat with all the first years. I was to go first since I was supposedly a fifth year. Everyone quited down as my name was called. Well, it was the last name that really did it in.

"Katja Riddle!" Dumbledore yelled out. I smiled victoriously and looked to Harry Potter, who was staring dumbstruck.

As I paced slowly up to the sorting hat everyone was staring anxiously, including Dumbledore. I sat down and allowed the hat to be placed on my head. I could hear it groan.

"What have we here? Oh, I know your parents, I know them well. You'll be great in Slytherin, you will. Let us hope that you don't turn out as your father. So clear your mind set is...... So very clear." It spoke silently in my head, and then exclaimed for everyone to hear, "Slytherin!"

The entire Slytherin table clapped loudly, save Pansy, and Draco when Pansy hit him. As I walked down, Dre slithered up to meet me and I smiled profusely at her. "Slytherin, Drekia. I'm a Slytherin." Harry, Ron, and Hermoine were glaring at me with anger and disbeleif. I didn't mind, and when I turned my head I gave them a fake frown, as if I didn't want to be here.

Drekia coiled herself around my neck. "Can I eat him? Please, Kat, please?"

I shook my head and knew she felt the movement of my neck as I did so. She laid her head down on my shoulder in defeat. I glided my way to the table and sat next to Blaise, who then rested his arm on my shoulder before I slapped him loudly in the stomach. "Don't touch me." I spat snidely.

He quickly removed his arm and we sat speaking to the rest of the Slytherins until the feast, when Professor Snape (I had been given his name and appearance in advance) walked over to me and asked for a word.

I stood and skipped out of the hall with Snape at my heels. We went to his classroom, where we could speak without fear of disturbance.

"Ms. Riddle," he began, plopping down into his chair. "your father would like to see you when the first chance arrises. Will you accept his invitation of a first meeting?"

I nodded. "I will. However, I must say, this is all very unexpected. I assume he worries that I will not accept him because of what he did to my mother. Don't worry, I hold no grudges. She associated with the wrong crowd, and that makes her unfit as a parent for the child of the Dark Lord." I concluded. It's true; I was heartless.

"I agree. Now, your father has given me this to give to you. It's a letter, I do beleive." He sighed, tossing the envelope to me.

"Thank you, sir. Oh, and I must ask... Where exactly am I to be placed, dorm-wise?"

"You'll share a dorm with Pansy Parkinson, though if you'd truly prefer it, I have an empty class that you can reside in for the time being. Also, I expect you to be here at 6:00 A.M. for an advanced potions class. Draco tells me you're quite into it. We'll be making Drought of the Living Dead. Are you familiar with this potion?"

I smirked lightly. "I've made it a time or two..." and with that I was off.
♠ ♠ ♠
BLECH! So short......... and obviously a filler Q.Q
Hope it gets better as I continue to write.........
Either way;
Comment and subscribe plz :D :D :D