Status: so very slow :(

My Brother is a Drummer.

The Silence

JAMIE'S POV

In case you didn't know, I stayed in the bathroom for such a long time I lost track of time. Now I wasn't pooping or any of that. I just stayed there to think of things that I should do once I get out of the studio. I don't think they would like it if I stayed with them the whole time. God I wished I was already on good terms with Bree. Wonder where she is? Oh right at home.

I sighed and walked out of the room and saw Rian and Matt talking in the...is that a kitchen I see? Wow.

"Hey guys." I said while I plopped in one of the stools there. They looked at me and smiled. "So what are you guys...doing?"I said kind of nervous. I hope I wasn't butting in on anything.

"Just talking about our former employee. Since you're here, we might as well introduce her to you. I hear she's got talent and character so, I personally asked her and she said yes."

"She's one lucky girl." I mumbled. I heard a door slam from the room and I was guessing that she was here. There were a few voices but I don't have sensitive ears to catch what they were freaking saying. "So should we go...?" I asked carefully and they both nodded at me. I went down the stool and let the guys go ahead of me. I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets and followed them outside. My head was down because I was shy. Yes I'm shy right now.

I heard someone gasp and my head instantly snapped back up and behold, Breeana in all her glory, pointing at me with her manicured nails. I gulped down and slowly backed away.

"Er...I can explain..." She gave me a cold hard stared and I swear I think I just whimpered. I walked briskly, well it looked more like I ran, towards the guys, desperate for some cover. I hid behind Alex since he was the closest to me. I could hear her footsteps loud and clear and I could feel the air her being irritated around me. She pulled my arm while I stumbled back a little. I am so dead.

Before she could say or do anything, Alex suddenly spoke up. "You're Breeana?" then Jack chimed in saying "The chick who fought with the chick?!" I could see Bree's eyes staring at them like they were crazy. She was obviously confused but then, the spark came back and everything seemed to click. "What?" She asked but before she could say anything else, I could see Matt behind her, looking annoyed as hell.

He spun her around and I calmed down a bit but I spoke too soon. They had an exchange of a few words before Bree turned around and glared at me once again. Well I'm sorry for being so drunk and tipsy that I just had to fuck someone. I hid behind Alex some more just in case she wanted to punch me. Basically I'm using Alex as a shield. Sue me.

"You came in late and now you just want to start a fight for no reason? With someone you barely know?" Yes Matt, she just wanted to fight with someone. That's really her character.

"Technically she's my best friend." I mentally slapped myself and prepared for the shock that was soon to come.

"What?!" Alex and Jack said at the same time. Looks like I left out the part where we're not really blood related. Oops. Alex looked at me to Bree and his mouth was hanging wide open. We don't even look alike one bit so it's obvious we're not related by blood. I rolled my eyes at their expression and resumed sinking myself in the couch.

"Oh my! I didn't see you there!" Bree said, the sarcasm flooding out of her lips. Another sign that she wasn't in the best mood. I covered my face and hid my embarrassing face. I was going to explode. "Fuck this, Everything isn't right." I muttered to myself.

I was going to slap myself but then Alex spoke up.

"Matt! Why didn't you tell me that she's going to be the new girl?! Casey's already good so why not her?" Who the hell is Casey? I looked at him skeptically but he just ignored me and gave Matt that puppy dog face that even I would fall for. I'm surprised Matt was able to handle it.

"You mean she's good in bed right?" I suppressed a laugh at her comment. Jack started laughing, which means that it is most likely to be true and then Zack and Rian started cracking up in their own ways. Alex rolled his eyes at her, clearly annoyed. Well looks like someone's in a bad mood. I stayed where I was at and waited as to what will happen between them. Might as well relax for a bit.

"That was a good one. I like you already." Alex said, sarcasm rolling right out of his tongue. I frowned at how the conversation was going. "Hey Jack is Alex really like this?" I asked him softly. He thought about it for a minute and shook his head. "He would usually be flirty and all but he's a good guy deep inside. Trust me." I gave him a bright smile which he returned the favor.

"Gee I didn't know I was that repulsive a while ago." Bree retorted. Matt nudged her and she reluctantly followed him. She sat by a near-by chair and examined all of us. Her gaze was trailing the faces of her new....co-workers. Alex was leaning at the wall, obviously confused and annoyed as to what has happened while I was snuggled comfortably on Jack's side. He's a good guy to lean on.

Matt stood at the center and we all waited for his...message. "I know this is all a shock for you guys but Casey needed to go and that is that. We're having her as our replacement." Alex glared at him for some reason and Jack nodded in agreement. Rian and Zack kept their faces composed. He then nodded towards Bree.

"Sup I'm Bree." She winked at us and I just had to urge to roll my eyes at her.

"Hey! I'm Jack! Nice to finally meet you." He went over and shook her hands. I would find it really cute if they end up as REALLY good friends. Jack isn't anti-social unlike some people.

"Hi. The guy from the bar right?" I could see Jack nodding happily when Bree recognized him. He then introduced the other guys and I could see her nodding and smiling at them.

"So....who's that guy?" Bree asked then suddenly, my blood went cold. I shifted around the couch and looked at Alex. He was glaring at Bree. Great.

"He's Alex. Don't let him get to you." Jack said. Note to self: remind Bree to stay on her good side when Alex is around.

"Well enough of the getting-to-know-you talk. Let's make some music." Bree said enthusiastically. All of them said "Yeah" and the same time and I laughed at it. Alex seemed to be the odd one out, not saying anything after that Casey thing. Jack walked up to him and started making a conversation. I hope it will be enough to convince Alex to record some decent songs.

After what seemed like hours, Alex sighed and finally gave in to Jack. Who wouldn't resist Jack? I stayed at my spot, watching them carefully. What the hell are they going to do? Bree is a stubborn girl I doubt they will convince HER. She was finding a way to get out of it but I could see that she was running out of options so she sighed and gave up.

She muttered something and I raised my eyebrows. Annoyed Bree is not a good sign you know. Much to my lack of keen observation, Alex just had the urge to go down on one knee--like he was trying to propose to her. I opened my mouth to release a gasp. I covered it right away while looking at them in absolute shock. I crept behind Alex and listened to his proposal.

"Bree...I know that I have violated your friend in so many ways imaginable..." Alex started.

"Oh God." was Bree's response and I somehow regretted (a bit) in going there. Jack chuckled at her reaction while I tried to hide my face in embarrassment.

"And I am sorry for doing that. Can we start over a new leaf? And just forget about what happened...." His voice sounded soft and calming. Like he was very sincere about his apology. Bree thought about it for a minute then she smirked a little.

"I doubt that." was her response. At this, I lost it since Alex was getting SO out of character. I shook her shoulders and she gasped in surprise. I gave her an apologetic look and saw the guys move away from us. Alex obviously disappointed.

"BREEANA DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED? ALEX FUCKING ASKED FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS!! I KNOW HE'S SOME COCKY BASTARD BUT THIS IS A WHOLE NEW FUCKING THING!" I half-screamed at her. This is the first time I saw Alex being...honest and sincere to a girl.

"And so? Fuck you Bridget. Mom told us to not have sex yet. And you ruined that promise. She already knows so good luck to you!" Shit I forgot about that. Her face was a mixture of hurt and anger. "I was looking for you all over the place! I couldn't find you because you fucking left your phone with me." She continued while restraining her voice from shouting once again.

I took a deep breath and said "I know I'm sorry...but please forgive Alex. It wasn't his fault...I was kind of the one that led him on." The heat was coming to my cheeks and I could do nothing to hide it. She rubbed her temples and started breathing normally. She was finally going to calm down.

"Okay give me another reason why I should forgive him?" Wow she's really serious.

"Well, wouldn't it be awkward if the band you're working with is on bad terms with you? You won't be able to communicate and I don't think you would like that. Hating people was never in your list. Remember our High School days?" I remembered the time where she got on bad terms with the most popular girl in school and she would just go on a rampage whenever she's around. Same as the one who threw all her books down the toilet. Bad memories for both of them. Bree cringed at the memory. I smiled, knowing that I have won this battle.

"I'll think about it." I pursed my lips at her and frowned. I sat beside her and asked her if she knew the band. She's also a turtle. She looked at me for a second and lowered her eyes in defeat. I knew this is what would happen. I told her that they were the band we watched and all I got was this: "You mean the one we watched? Holy Crap." She harassed her hair for a bit until we saw Alex approaching both of us.

He stuck out his hand as if he wanted a formal handshake. Bree looked at it weirdly for a moment before finally shaking his hand. But that didn't happen. Instead he got her hand and pulled her into a nice tight hug. At first I was shocked but I quickly overlapped that feeling with a sort of giggle. Jack was just confused as to what was happening. In all honesty, I feel the same.

"I'm sorry please forgive me." Alex said in her ear. I looked anywhere else but them to hide my jealousy. Yes I'm a girl and I do get jealous when my idol does stuff with other girls. They had some small talk before I finally turned back to them and see Bree pushing him away while smirking. I saw Alex walk away, confusion evident in his eyes. Sorry bro, can't win this girl's heart that easily. I looked at her with wide eyes, questioning her what she had done to Alex but she didn't understand me. Instead she called all the guys and told them that they should start getting the work done.

They started talking about their ideas and I can't even keep up with all of them saying stuff at the SAME time. It was making me head hurt. Like Bree. I started rubbing her back when she sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"Guys one at a time!" She finally yelled. I stopped rubbing her back and sank quietly in my seat.

"Alex, you go first since you're the lead singer." She finally sighed.

"Well I was thinking of putting this song on the album." Bree thought about it for a minute when he was talking about the specific song.

"Alright, do you guys have any objections this time?" She said but they all shook their heads.

"I like the idea so, go get 'em Gaskarth!" Jack yelled. Bree rolled her eyes and started arranging things with Matt. It seems like Bree is going to co-produce some of their songs. Wonder where the other Matt is. The band started talking about their music and I just listened intently to all of them.

"So it's The Party Song?" I heard Rian ask and they all nodded. This looks like another song about a one night stand. The group went inside the sound booth, all their equipment ready for action. I sat closer to the music board with Matt and Bree tampering the buttons and the switches. I am just amazed at how good they sound. Alex's voice grew more mature and the beat was very catchy. Jack is still energetic no matter where he goes. I started tapping my feet when I saw Bree eying me weirdly. I stopped for a moment just to be on the safe side.

"They're really good aren't they?" I told her and she just said yeah. Bree leaned back when she finally got everything right. The recording was going smoothly, which was a miracle considering that they kept on fighting minutes ago. "Gaskarth, Barakat, Merrick and Dawson." I muttered and smiled to myself.

"What now Jamie?" She asked me. I didn't call her name. Why would she...?

"I didn't call you...or something." I said.

"But you said Dawson. That is technically my last name." She replied, an indignant look on her face. I mouthed and Oh then Matt butted in saying "She might be referring to Rian. I forgot to tell you, he's also a Dawson."

Bree was flustered and shocked at the same time. "W-w-what? B-b-but how??" She stammered. I should have told her about this earlier. She turned to me but I just raised my hands up. "I'm sorry!" She gave up in frustration and just resumed the recording. Matt looked at me for answers but I shook my head. They don't have to know about her life do they? For the rest of the recording, Bree didn't talk to me about anything.

Another topic added to my list of "things I regret doing involving Bree."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes I have not updated right away because I had exams. So here it is. I know you've been uninterested in the story and I'm sorry for that. Next chapter is in Bree's POV and more action shall be included for your reading pleasure.

P.S. don't forget to comment and subscribe