Status: so very slow :(

My Brother is a Drummer.

Waiting For his Moment to End

The floor was wooden and the room was brightly lit by the fluorescent lights, giving it a white-ish look. I stood in the middle of the room, staring at the little girl playing with her dolls and a little boy was brushing his teeth at a nearby bathroom. I had no idea what I was doing there but I couldn't move my feet. It was like I was glued to the hard wood floor.

I heard a woman calling the girl's name. The name you ask? Don't know. My senses don't seem to work here. The little girl got up and ran towards the woman. It's her mother I think. They started talking in hushed whispers. The little boy was done brushing his teeth and went to the the doorbell that rang. I watched silently as he walked to the door. I was worried for some reason.

The man, I think their dad, raced to get the door first before his son but he was too late. The little boy opened it and saw two dark figures, all clothed in black, standing before him. His mouth was wide open and he stepped aside. His father rushed to get to him and shoved him out of the room and into the kitchen. Now I was terrified. My heart was beating a million times faster than usual. I opened my mouth to let out the words I want to tell the kids. but my mouth was shut.

The woman went out of the kitchen and left her daughter in there. "Stay here." She whispered. She went right through me and I just gasped. The woman stood beside her husband and faced the two shadows.

"I thought that you would leave us alone." Said the father.

"You owe us, for saving your precious daughter. And you owe us a lot." She snapped her fingers and took out a dollar. Her voice was ice cold and her movements were as graceful as a cat.

"We can't pay you! We don't have enough--"

"Those aren't the words we're looking for." The girl peeked out from the kitchen and looked at what was happening. The little boy, who was inside the kitchen too grabbed her small hand. He was nervous. Like I am.

They started screaming at each other which really hurts my ears. The little kids were covering their ears and that's when I heard the loud bang. I turned around and saw a bullet, right in the middle of her forehead....


"Bree! Breeana wake up!" I opened my eyes and saw Jamie peering down at me with her hair blocking my face. My shirt was stuck behind my back because of the sweat and my neck felt stiff for some reason.

"What?" I croaked, touching my neck and my face, making sure I was really awake and not in some dream realm once again.

"You were squirming like a sardine. What happened?" She sat down beside my bed and I sat down and thought about my weird and scary dream. Why would I dream of people getting killed? And who were those kids?

"Nothing." I said, she looked at me doubtingly so I added some more. "I probably ate too much cookies. Gives me nightmares sometimes." I gave her a small smile. She quirked her mouth up a bit but still gave me that serious stare.

"Okay...by the way it's already 7 30. Twenty minutes for you to prepare and ten more minutes for you to get there."

"Get where?" I asked, scratching my head.

"Meet up with Alex. Are you sure you're okay? You don't usually forget these things...."

"Shut up. Now go will you?" I shooed her away and she just stuck her tongue out at me.

"Oh yeah Bree?" Jamie stopped in the middle of the doorway and turned to me one last time.

"What?" I said, getting out of bed, hopping around getting my clothes while fixing my untidy hair.

"Don't believe everything Alex says." And with that she left me there inside my room, wondering why she would say that.

~
My job starts at 9 which means that Alex and I would have more or less an hour to spend our time together. Now I am seriously wondering why I even agreed to do this in the first place. I must have been so desperate to get some answers yesterday about Rian that now, I would even date his friend just to know if he is somewhat related to me. Crazy.

I arrived at the said place 5 minutes later than the arranged meeting. I waited outside Starbucks, looking for Alex. Looks like I'm not the only one late. I looked at my watch from time to time and looked around for Alex. My phone buzzed behind my butt and I was guessing, it was Alex.

"Hello?" I asked, voice unsure.

"Bree? I can see you right now." Confused, I turned around several times and looked for his blond brown hair. "I don't. Where are you? I have been waiting my ass off for 5 minutes." Impatient chick right here.

"Turn around." Reluctantly, I did what I was told and saw a hooded figure behind me. I was about to scream but he quickly put his hood down to reveal the most beautiful chocolate brown eyes I have ever seen that day. He put his finger near his mouth telling me to keep quiet. Hell if I could if he keeps creeping on me like that.

I stomped my way inside and went towards Alex. He was half-smirking at me when I got to the table. I dumped my bag and slouched. I cannot believe I agreed to this and I got scared for nothing.

"Glad you have made it. I was thinking you wouldn't come." He was wearing a hoodie, black--which made me think he was some rapist a while ago. Black skinny jeans and a white shirt. Very suspicious.

"And I was thinking I should have contacted the police when I saw you behind me." I said twirling my hair aimlessly.

He smiled at me--like genuinely smiled woah--and said "It's a good thing you didn't, or else..."

"I wouldn't get any food." I said a matter of fact. He already ordered some coffee and a doughnut.

"I was going to say you would get fired." He smirked at my reaction and I glared at him even more with a burning passion of a thousand suns.

"Are you threatening me?" I said, disbelief in my voice.

"Maybe." Ugh fuck this lead singer of some band just get me my food please.

"Are you going to buy me food or not?" Because I was really hoping for food. And some answers. He pushed the doughnut over to me and unconsciously, I smiled. I grabbed it and bit into it savoring the sweet honey flavor. Now that is one good doughnut. I heard him chuckle a bit and now I have just realized I have shown him my one true weakness. Food.

I set it down carefully and wiped my mouth with the tissue on the table. "What do you want Alex?" I keep remembering Jamie's tip for me so I have to be cautious. I looked around if there were any press and thank god, there weren't any. As of now.

"Is it bad for me to invite a fellow worker to some breakfast?" I raised my eyebrows and he shook his hair out of his face, giving me a hurt look.

"You don't believe me do you?" I shook my head, too fast making it weird.

"Well uh...I'm not sure. Wait a second, did you use this trick to get that Casey girl? Was that her name?" He almost choked on what he was drinking and that gave me satisfaction for some apparent reason.

"So you did huh? Well bad news for you playboy, you are not getting me that easily. For the matter no one can." I said, eating what's left of my doughnut.

He leaned in a little bit closer and said: "Yeah? Well I like a good game every once in a while." and this was my time to choke on what I was eating. What the hell is this guy thinking? WHY DID YOU SLEEP WITH HIM JAMIE? WHY DID I TAKE THE JOB? BREE YOU IDIOT.

He looked out the window for a moment and I saw him tense a bit. He pulled my arm and-- I pulled my bag--dragged me out of the coffee shop. We started to walk down the street in such a fast pace I was already getting tired.

"Alex slow down! What's happening?" I asked, a bit out of breath. He didn't turn around to even hold my hand. Wait did I just think of that? Anyway he kept walking straight then he finally hailed a cab for the both of us. He ushered me inside and shut the door after he went in.

"Press was following me. Are you okay?" His voice was so gentle it made me feel a bit queasy but then I realized what he was planning.

"What do you think? Ugh okay the only reason why I came to this date was that--"

"You admitted that this was a date." I could hear a small smile in his voice which made me roll my eyes a bit.

"Whatever anyway, could you tell me about Rian?" Wow Bree that was so straight to the point.

"So you were really after Rian? Wow that's a big step for him!" I groaned a bit and kept my composure.

"No ugh like where are his parents? In case you forgot that we have the same last names and all." He also happens to be forgetful. He shrugged at me and stared out the window.

"It's not my character to tell other people my friend's life history. If you know what I mean." He placed his hand near his cheek and looked at me. I felt my blood go up towards my cheeks so I turned away from him and looked at the pretty window beside me. He also seems to be a good friend.

"Okay then." I mumbled. The ride became quiet and it made me wonder if Alex had fallen asleep. I let my eyes wander over his body figure and noticed he was still awake. And that his eyes were on me the whole time.

"Were you just checking me out?" Oh how much I just want to wipe off that smirk on his face.

"I was checking if you were alive." I said flatly. I refuse to be made fun of this guy. The cab stopped at our work place and Alex paid him a dear amount even I would be shocked. He opened the cab door and pulled me outside. We watched the taxi drive away and that was when he held my hand. He raised it up to both our faces and I can't help but give him a confused and irritated look. If Jamie were here she would really get mad at me. Well I think that's what she will feel.

He led me towards the door and surprisingly, the guard just let us in without asking our names, unlike last time where he had to stare me down and make me feel like a lost puppy. It was a strange feeling coursing through me at the moment. Annoyed, relaxed, confused. What is going on?

Just as we went inside, I could feel someone staring at me--us. I turned around half expecting someone to pop out from a bush but saw no one. I let it go and went inside.

These prying eyes will not bring me down
♠ ♠ ♠
oh here is another chapter for all of you guys to enjoy. If there wasn't enough drama between the two I am so sorry. Hihi Don't forget to comment, subscribe :---)