Status: Possible epilogue... but probably not.

Foster's School for the Socially Awkward and Normality Challenged

Welcome to Paradise

I knocked on Ceecee’s door, which was painted a bright green.

“Oh, Alex. You got kicked out already?” She asked. I nodded proudly. “I think that’s a new record.” She turned around and screamed into the house. “DAVID! Alex got booted! Clear a room for her!” I walked into my favorite multi colored living room, the one with the huge speaker. Ceecee handed me a package of Candy Plasma.

“So, what finally did it? Did you just punch someone out or something?” She asked, sipping a milkshake.

“Nah. Greg and I cross dressed as each other. Since I’ve been so annoying to Mrs. Bitch-face, she kicked me out. He’s staying there.” I answered.

“Fucking awesome.”

Candy Plasma is sweet, but tangy with a bit of a metallic taste. It’s amazing. “I want to set up an underground railroad thing. Think that would work?” I asked.

“To get people out of that place? Sure! You guys will have to share some rooms, though...”
“That’s fine. When should we start?”

“How’s tomorrow night sound?”

I was doing something I never thought I would. Sneaking ONTO school grounds. I was dressed in a dark camouflage shirt and some black jeans. I searched for the small windows of the dorms. When I found one, I had David, who was incredibly strong, lift me up to it, so I could slip inside. I tumbled into a random room to see Dante sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth a little bit.
“Alexia?” He said, confused. “I missed you. You kept those people away from me. Where did you go?”
“I got kicked out, but listen. What if I could take you to a place where you could be alone all the time?” I asked. His lips curled into a tiny smile and he nodded.

“Wow, I’ve never seen you so happy. Come on, let’s go.” I dragged a chair over to where the window was. He threw everything he owned inside a small bag, stood on the chair and climbed out the window. I followed him, and we both went back to Ceecee’s truck. She was waiting there. Now that I know which room is which, I can go back and get Evan tomorrow. We’re getting everyone we can out.

“Dante, welcome to paradise.” I said as we walked in the door. He immediately ran up the steps to the nearest room, closed the door, and enjoyed his solitude for the first time in what felt like ages to him.