Status: Possible epilogue... but probably not.

Foster's School for the Socially Awkward and Normality Challenged

Injured

This is bad. Very bad. I told Greg that if anyone came, he had to go back out the window. But NO, he just HAD to follow his instincts. Eddy was catching up to them. He grabbed the back of Greg’s shirt and pulled him to the ground.

He was carrying Evan bridal-style by that point. Greg’s arm crunched when it hit the hard linoleum. I responded to all this by punching Eddy square in the face. I felt a crack as my fist hit his nose, and blood poured out.

Greg got up and continued to run towards the front door. When he reached it, he looked back to see how far behind him I was. I motioned for him to go without me. He nodded, and I ran after him. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Eddy touching his nose gingerly. There was rage in his face when his fingers came back dark red. He sprinted towards me, but I’ve never been a fast runner. His huge paw of a hand came down across the back of my head.

His finger caught one of my earrings, ripping it from my cartilage. I fell, my head crashing onto the floor. I kicked at his hands as I crawled backwards towards the door. Mrs. Foster stood there watching approvingly. When Eddy bent down to pick me up, I grabbed his hair and ripped it from his head, causing him just enough pain to give me time to run out of the building. My head was pounding where it collided with the floor. I heard Michael and Thomas running after me through the grass and slight shrubbery of the yard. The truck started pulling away. I grabbed Greg’s hand, and he pulled me on. Ceecee floored it, losing Michael and Thomas somewhere on the school’s campus. Close call.

“Well” I said, turning to Evan. “It looks like we’re going to be room mates again.”

“Morning.” Greg said sleepily, walking into the kitchen. His arm was hidden by a bright pink cast. David was making us all breakfast. Now there was Dante, Greg, Evan, Me, and thirteen other people we had rescued. Most of them were from the same wing of the building as me. The wing for the people who liked girls was a lot harder to get to, since it was on the other end of the school.

People were staring at Greg’s cast. Only Evan and I knew how he got it.

“What? I like the color pink. It makes my eyes pop, right Alexia?” He said, smiling. The table was filled with laughter and unconventional good times. My head was wrapped in a small bandage hidden under my hair. During the car ride, after the adrenaline wore off, we had realized that my head was bleeding. When we went to the hospital, they told me I had a concussion and that I wasn’t allowed to sleep for 24 hours. That’s proving to be harder then I expected.