Status: One Hitter Quitter

Captured

One/One

I placed my hands on the glass walls of my prison. The reflection of my sparkling, multicolored wings glimmered, slightly obstructing my view of the new world around me. I moved and turned so that I had a clear view of my new environment. Everything was different. Everything was foreign, new, alien. There were shelves everywhere,filled with books, papers,photos, and other jars, much like my own filled with others of my race. I had heard horror stories from the others,detailing the horrendous torture our people endured in places like these. Wings ripped out, our shimmer scrapped from our bodies, our hair shaved to be used for the human's paint brushes,the more I reminisced the chilling tales, the harder my little heart began to beat. My palms began to sweat, and I could feel my brow furrowing in fear and frustration. I couldn't bear the thought of anything so violent happening to me.

I tried to escape. As the intensity of my panic began to multiply, I paced the perimeter of my enclosure. The idea struck me suddenly,and as quickly as it had, I was executing it. I ran to one side of the jar, and, at full speed, I bolted to the opposite side, knocking it off the shelf, shattering it into pieces and releasing me. My plan worked. I was free! I composed myself and began to fly toward the open window in the far corner of the room. I urged myself forward. I was almost out. I could feel the breeze gently caressing my wings. I continued to press forward.

In doing so I had only ensnared myself in a trap. A clear spider web like netting covered the open window. I was stuck. I could do nothing but sit. I could only sit and think of the terrors that awaited me. Upon hearing the distant sound of a door shutting, I knew my nightmares would soon become a reality. A large creature, a human like the ones from all the horror stories. I knew what was coming next. I did the only thing I could do. I closed my eyes and awaited my end.