Status: 50,239 words || Completed.

Pretty, Ugly Girl

Journal Entry

What's the best way to start a journal?Okay, not like that.

I don't even know why I'm doing this. It's not like anyone is going to read this nor will it help me in any sort of way. I guess it's just here as a comfort to me. After all it's not really like I get comfort from anywhere else. No one pays attention to the youngest child because well... I'm the youngest. There's nothing I can do that the others haven't already done.

Then again our father doesn't even pay attention to them so I guess it's a little comforting in that thought.

I can't believe I'm already in year eight. It seems as if year seven went right on by without even stopping to let me get used to it. I'm glad I'm the only one out of me and my siblings who are in school still. I know that some people like the fact that their siblings are in school with them and everything but I wouldn't.

Let's just say that not all of us get along with each other as well as we could or should do.

Sometimes I feel bad for Mel. She's our step-mum but she can't have any children so she's just stuck with us. She tries her best and she is nice, I'll admit that, but no one seems to like her.

Or at least, no one seemed to like her in the past. I think after everything that has happened we've started liking her a bit better.

She was the only one who cared enough to see that something was going on then and to interfere when she could. No one listened to her though.

But now, I wish we did.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Hannah's journal entry, the MC's younger sister. These shall come at chapters 10, 20 and so on. Written in the way a twelve year old might keep one. And also set after the events of this story happen.