Status: 50,239 words || Completed.

Pretty, Ugly Girl

Epilogue

A lot had happened within such a short period of time and it was hard for everyone to accept it all. Abi finally realised that she wasn't apart of the family, no matter how much she knew she loved her siblings deep down, and that had prompted her to leave home with Tommy. He was okay with that because it was just what his sister had done. She couldn't take the family and left like that. And really, he was starting to love Abi which was why he left with her and made sure she got away. He knew that because she was under age that if they were caught or found before she was eighteen then he could get into a lot of trouble but he didn't really care.

Abi felt that Jade's death opened up something within her. She wanted a family, yes, but she would never start having one at her age now just in case she miscarried like Jade did. She knew how heartbroken her sister had been and didn't really fancy being like that, especially as now that she had Tommy she didn't really want to die any time soon. But then, if Tommy could convince her in time, they wouldn't be making it to their thirties anyway.

At home wasn't any better then it was before. In fact some would even say that it was worse then before. Gordon turned out to be a baby that didn't like being quiet which inevitable made everyone in the house not like him. And like most people knew, James couldn't cope even with looking after him part time so he did the only thing he could think of: he gave James to Mel full time. She did mind, to be honest, but she didn't say anything because she had always wanted a child and this was the closest thing she would probably ever be to having one. And she was going to take it.

Hannah was changing and it wasn't a good change. Yes, she was growing up but it wasn't a good thing in John's eyes because she was becoming too much like Jade and Abi both were and was vocalising her opinions far too much. Mel often told her that she was growing up well which both confused and frustrated John. Could she not see that Hannah was slowly becoming like his two other daughters? And he didn't want her to become like them because the way they turned out wasn't anything like he had hoped. After all, who would hope for one to be dead and the other to be missing?

But the thing that shocked them all the most was the fact that Mel filed for divorce from John but also petitioned for custody over Hannah. In her defence she told the court about how he had neglected all four children for almost a decade and didn't pay attention to Jade's depression and how it had completely consumed her in the end thus ending her life. The fact that Jade was dead helped Mel greatly within the case and much to John's surprise, James helped her too by telling the court about how he neglected them and never paid any attention to them. He told them about how his work came first and his kids always came last.

It wasn't much surprise when Mel won the custody of Hannah but it was a surprise when Hannah went with Mel willingly to the new house. Even James and Gordon went with her which left John in the house all by himself. Never once did he even imagine that he would lose all his family because he had assumed that Mel loved him enough to never leave him. It was true that she loved him, not even she could deny that, but she realised that Hannah needed a better life then what she would have if she would have stayed with John in that house. She also realised that she wouldn't get that life if she stayed with John.

So really, she put a girl that wasn't even her own in front of her own marriage. That was something that most people would never do but it showed Hannah that she was cared about by at least someone. And what made it all that better was the fact that Mel didn't have to care but she did because she wanted to and not because she had to.

Hannah finally realised that Mel had probably always cared about them all but they didn't want her to because they all though she was trying to take their mother's place. She now realised that she hadn't been trying to take their mother's place but rather fill in for their father thus taking his place. And she was okay with that.

Though nothing stayed as simple as it seemed but for once it wasn't directly affecting Hannah. And for that she was glad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Without Rosie, bella; or the guys on the NaNo thread, this probably wouldn't have been completed.
66 pages of my document was used and word count's in the status.
I'm laying Abi and her family to rest now.