Happy Birthday to Me

Bouncer Dude Needs To Move

MARISSA

I jumped, pushed, and shoved at the bouncer, but he was doing a great job at keeping me out of the club.

"If you want to get inside you're going to have to wait in line just like everyone else!" the bouncer said as he shoved me back out into the alley, but I stepped right back in front of him.

"I told you already! I'm WITH the band!" I nearly screamed.

"Well blondie told me you weren't with the band." the bouncer said as he smirked, thinking he had me.

"Well blondie's a big fat liar!" I said angrily.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" Frank questioned the bouncer and I.

"I'm just keeping out one of your crazed fans." the bouncer told Frank.

"I am NOT a crazed fan!" I shouted as I stomped my foot.

"You sure? It's hard to tell." the bouncer said as he chuckled and I was just about ready to slap him.

Frank sighed at the bouncer before he reached out his hand to me and I took it. "She actually is with the band."

"But that other guy said that-"

"The other guy was just kidding. It's not your fault. Sometimes it's hard to tell with him. If you're ever unsure, just laugh." Frank explained to the bouncer as he pulled me into the club.

"Oh y-yeah, I'll remember that." the bouncer said, a little confused.

I couldn't help but laugh after we walked away from him, "Was any of that true?" I questioned.

Frank smiled, "Naw, I was just screwing with him."

I laughed.

"What's so funny?" Frank questioned.

"I'm curious to see how Gerard will react when he says something and that bouncer laughs at him." I replied.

Frank laughed too, "Yeah, I would pay to see that."

Frank walked me to a table right beside the stage that had a reserved plaque on it. He removed the plaque and pulled out the seat so I could sit down. "Here you go; best seat in the house." he said as he smiled.

"Thanks. I can see everything from here." I said as I looked up at the stage and noticed all the instruments were set up and ready to go.

"Well, I've got to go back stage because we'll be starting soon." Frank said.

I nodded, "Okay. I'll be... here."

"Great! We'll see you after the show!" Frank said before he ran back to the backstage area.