Happy Birthday to Me

Finally!

MARISSA

I stood to my feet and dusted myself off, "I didn't steal it if that's what you mean." I said to Frank.

Frank shook his head at me, "I didn't mean for it to sound that way."

"Sure he did!" Gerard jumped in.

"No, I didn't. Gerard man, shut up!" Frank shouted, sounding stressed.

I didn't want Frank to be stressed so I smiled - even though smiling was the last thing I wanted to do. "After I left the club I ran into some people, made friends with them, and one of them gave me their old skateboard that they were just going to get rid of anyways." I explained.

"Well that was nice of them." Ray said as he smiled.

I didn't mention receiving the cell phone as well because at the moment the phone felt like my lifeline, my escape. On the other end of that line was someone I knew I could go to to talk, someone who knew what I was going through. That was my secret, and it was one I intended on keeping.

These guys knew so much about me already. My parents kicked me out. I'm homeless. I have practically nothing. And all that after only knowing me for a little over twenty-four hours. Sure, they can get to know me as much as they'd like, but there are still a few things I would like to keep to myself.

I realized we were awkwardly still standing in the hallway, "Do you guys think we could maybe go in the suite now? I could really use a shower."

"Oh right!" Frank shouted as his eyes lit up and he fished out a room key. I eyed that key, knowing if I had it about two hours ago I wouldn't have been out here waiting.

Frank unlocked the suite door and as all the guys entered I made sure I had picked up everything. When I was ready to enter the suite, the door slammed in my face.

"Hey! Let me in!" I shouted as I pounded my fist on the door, "Gerard! This isn't funny any more!" I nearly screamed.

The door swiftly opened and Mikey stood on the other side, "Sorry, that was my fault actually." he said sheepishly.

"Oh." I said quietly as I brushed past him and into the suite. I picked up my duffel bag and rushed to the bathroom. Time to get this crap off of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
How many people thought Gerard slammed the door in Marissa's face? Well he can't be the source of all her bad luck! haha.