Happy Birthday to Me

Questions

MARISSA

After I finished taking a shower I put on my pajama pants and my sleep tee shirt and then I realized all the clothes in my duffel bag were dirty.

I recalled seeing a laundry unit next to the elevator bank and decided now was the best time to wash all my stuff. I found a laundry basket in the bathroom so I picked it up and packed my clothes into it. I also took my hairbrush from my duffel bag and placed it in the laundry basket figuring I could brush out the knots while I waited.

I walked out of the bathroom carrying the laundry basket on my hip and I noticed the guys were all sitting on the couch talking and relaxing.

"Did you get all cleaned up?" Mikey questioned.

I nodded before answering, "Yup."

"Could have fooled me." Gerard said as he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and began to walk to the door.

"Where are you going?" Ray questioned.

"I'm going to the community laundry room down the hall." I replied.

"I'll go with you." Frank said as he stood up.

"Oh, you don't have to." I said as I picked up an extra key on the table near the door so I would be able to get back into the suite when I was done.

"I don't mind." Frank replied as he walked toward me.

"I'll come too." Ray said as he got up from the couch as well.

I slightly sighed, but smiled as well, "Alright then, let's go." I said as I walked out of the suite fast enough so I couldn't hear Gerard's crazed comment.

Frank and Ray followed behind me, but quickly caught up and kept pace with me.

"So what's your favorite color?" Ray questioned.

I glanced up at him, "You don't have to beat around the bush. You can ask me any question you want. I may not answer them all, but you can still ask them... and my favorite color is neon green."

Ray couldn't help but laugh, "You're not afraid of anything, are you?" he questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I try not to fear things because if I did I wouldn't be able to push myself to do anything."

Frank and Ray nodded as we walked into the laundry room and I began to throw my clothes into one of the washing machines.

"Profound." Ray said.

"Deep even." Frank agreed.

"Oh damn. I didn't bring any quarters." I muttered when I realized the machine cost seventy-five cents.

"Here." Ray said as he took eight quarters out of his pocket and handed them to me.

"Thanks." I said as I fed three quarters into the machine and it started up, "I'll pay you back."

"Don't worry about it." Ray said as he shook his head.

"So you're really homeless?" Ray asked after an awkward moment of silence.

"Yup." I answered quietly.

"And these clothes are the only ones you have?" Ray questioned again.

"Unfortunately." I said sadly.

Frank smiled, "Don't worry. We can give you some tees and a jacket from the merchandise truck."

I shook my head at him, "You really don't have to do that."

"I want to do it." Frank replied.