Happy Birthday to Me

Unexpected

MARISSA

We arrived back to the suite and Frank opened the door using his key. As we entered the suite we nearly ran into Bob and Mikey.

"What's going on?" Ray questioned.

"Gee wants to go to bed so he's kicking us out." Mikey replied.

"Oh. Well I guess we're going back to our suite. Hey Marissa, you want to come to our suite so we can talk some more?" Ray questioned.

I shook my head, "It's getting late. I think it's time I should turn in too." I replied.

Ray nodded, "Okay, goodnight Marissa."

"Night Ray." I replied as I smiled.

Bob and Ray walked out of the suite and down the hallway.

Mikey passed me and hip-checked me along the way, nearly causing me to drop the laundry basket. "Sorry Marissa, I can be a bit of a klutz sometimes." he apologized before he left the suite.

"Oh-kay..." I said slowly. I glanced at Frank who was staring at the door in wonder.

"Okay, even I'll admit that was weird." Frank said.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because Mikey likes to boast he's the most balanced of us all. He would never admit to being a klutz." Frank replied.

"Huh. That is weird." I agreed, "Hey Frank, do you think Gerard convinced Mikey to hate me too?" I asked.

Frank shook his head, "No, no, I don't think he would do that. He told me he was cool with you."

"When did he say that?" I questioned.

"Uhh...back at the night club before we went on." Frank thought back.

I slightly sighed, "Gerard could have poisoned his thoughts since then."

Frank sighed as well, "I'll talk to him in the morning to see where his head it. As for tonight we'll just go to bed and get a good night's sleep."

I nodded, "Yeah, that sounds good. Goodnight Frank." I said quietly.

Frank stepped up to me and lightly kissed my forehead before he whispered, "Goodnight Marissa." He then walked to his bedroom and closed the door.

I stood there stunned for a moment before my legs gave out and I flopped down onto the couch. "Well that was unexpected." I mumbled.