Happy Birthday to Me

Sunset

MARISSA

It didn't take me long to ride down the elevator and exit the hotel. Once outside I realized the sun was close to setting.

I decided to go enjoy the sunset on the end of the pier where I could watch the sun go down beyond the ocean because I didn't know when the next time I was going to be able to see a West Coast was going to be. I dropped my skateboard to the ground and rode it to the end of the pier so I could get there quicker. By the time I arrived the sun was just about to set.

As I watched the sun set, I realized I was the only person by myself. I came to the assumption watching the sun was a sort of couple thing and it made me feel somewhat awkward so I decided to take off and find something else to do instead.

Even though the sun was still half above the horizon, I noticed the amusement ride lights had been switched on and they all seemed to glitter in the almost night sky. It was really pretty. No wonder why so many people liked the Santa Monica Pier. It was going to be hard to leave it behind when I get on the bus with the guys tomorrow.

I skated back up the pier, slowly because the wood planks were uneven and when I rode over them earlier going down the pier I was going much faster and almost lost my balance several times.

A smile crossed my lips as I took the cell phone Conner gave me out of my pocket. I scrolled through the contacts list and found his brother's number listed under 'Little Bro' and called the number.

On the third ring Conner picked up the phone and said, "Hey me, what's up?"

I couldn't help but giggle and replied, "I see you managed to swipe your bro's phone."

Conner laughed, "He loses it all the time so it wasn't that hard. He's probably still searching for it under his bed. ...So why do I have the honor of receiving this call?" he asked.

"Well, I'm heading down to Muscle Beach and I was wondering if you would like to meet me there?" I offered.

Conner sighed on the other end of the line, "I would love to, but I've got a family thing and I can't get out of it. Sorry."

"No, don't worry about it. It's fine." I said.

"Are your band friends going with you?" Conner asked.

"Nope. I'm flying solo tonight." I replied.

"No, that's not a good idea. Don't go by yourself to MB." he warned.

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

"A lot of creeps hang out there after dark."

"I can take care of myself."

Conner chuckled, "I know you can - especially after our last encounter. But just promise me you'll stay safe."

"Of course I promise." I replied, almost robotically.

"And if anything goes wrong call me." Conner added.

"I will." I promised.

"I've got to go now. Call me later?" Conner asked.

I smiled, "You know it!" I answered before I ended the call and pocketed the phone, continuing my trek to Muscle Beach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's short, but it's a bit of a filler so no hating please.

Big thanks to the people who commented on my last chapter:
Zombiex13
Neon_Skies_Killjoy
Alexandrias Nitemare
AtomicBlackCherry

Comment please? It would totally make my day & a Rec would make my week!