Happy Birthday to Me

A Different Point Of View...Sorta

MARISSA

After wandering around for about an hour, I came upon a small grassy area just beyond a WalMart parking lot.

It looked like a nice place to set up my tend and sleep for a few hours.

Sure, it wasn't a homeless shelter but I hadn't managed to find one of those yet.

Besides, what's the worst thing that's going to happen to me?

I'll get kicked out?

So I'll just pack up and find somewhere else.

It had been decided. I was going to pitch my tent here for the night and in the morning I will pack up and move on.

I set my duffel bag down on the ground and unzipped the main compartment where the tent was located.

I took the tent out of the bag and began to set it up. About twenty minutes and a few miss-tries later, I managed to get the tent up and standing on it's own.

I took my duffel and climbed inside where I took out the thin blanket and inflatable pillow and constructed my bed.

Even though I had a few cups of coffee only a couple hours before I was still super tired and didn't bother to change my clothes before going to sleep.

I guess being abandoned by your parents can do that to you.

A few hours later what sounded like a semi-truck hitting it's brakes woke me up. I opened one eye to realize the sun was up and it was very early in the morning. I just figured it was only a delivery truck bringing in the new shipments.

So in any case I just decided to roll over and go back to sleep.

But soon I began to hear footsteps and voices and was unable to fall back asleep.

THIRD PERSON

"Man! I told you guys to stop at the store because we're out of toilet paper!" a voice whined.

Out of a small bus sized bathroom emerged Mikey Way with an empty roll of toilet paper in his hand.

Mikey walked up to the bus driver who was driving the bus toward the band's next show. Mikey mumbled something to the bus driver who nodded and began to turn off the main highway.

Mikey turned to find the rest of his band mates in the back of the bus but found Frank and Gerard sitting at the table in the front of the bus.

"What are you two doing?" Mikey questioned.

"Staring contest." Frank said without looking up.

"And what brought this on?" Mikey asked.

When he didn't get a reply he took a step forward and kicked something. He bent down and picked up a beer can and on closer inspection found several more cans under the table.

"Are you guys drunk? Again?!" Mikey asked and both Gerard and Frank grunted in reply.

"Wait, how long has your little staring contest been going on?"

"What time did you go to bed?" Frank asked back.

"Six hours?! You guys have been staring at each other for six hours?" Mikey questioned.

Both Frank and Gerard grunted in reply, again.

"Hey wait, you just blinked." Mikey said to Frank.

"No I didn't." Frank said quickly.

"You just blinked too." Mikey said to Gerard.

"You're just seeing things little bro." Gerard snapped.

Mikey chucked and rolled his eyes, "Yeah right. You're too drunk to even notice anything." To prove his point, Mikey threw the empty toilet paper roll at his brother's head which just bounced right off.

The bus began to lean slightly to the left as the bus driver made a right turn.

"What's going on?" Frank questioned as his eyes widened and he gripped the table.

"We are stopping at the store to pick up toilet paper and other necessities which you were supposed to get but you got a twelve pack instead." Mikey explained.

The bus stopped as the tires squealed to a halt.

Gerard and Frank got up and joined Mikey to look out the right side of the bus to see a giant WalMart.

"Well, have fun shopping, Mikey." Gerard said as he smiled.

"What? Why me?" Mikey questioned.

"Frank and I are drunk. You can't expect us to go out there. It could be bad publicity."

"Yeah and Ray and Bob are sleeping." Frank added.

Mikey groaned, grabbed a hat and sunglasses, "Fine. I'll be back." he muttered as he stepped off the bus and walked to in the store.

Frank was about to sit back down at the table, but something just to the left side of the bus caught his eye and stopped him. "Hey Gerard, what's that?" Frank questioned as he pointed at the object.

Gerard leaned closer to the window and looked outside, "That, young Frank, is a homeless man's tent." A smile spread across Gerard face as he turned to Frank, "Let's go screw with the guy."

Frank nodded quickly and answered, "Okay!"

Both guys bound off the bus hooting and hollering as they approached the tent.

Frank walked up to the back of the tent, began to shake the top of the tent and shouted, "Earthquake!" over and over again.

Gerard began to kick the tent and shouted, "Homeless man go home because it's not black Friday!"

A few moments later, a girl emerged from the tent and began to yell at Gerard and Frank. Demanding them how they could be so heartless.

"Hey! What's going on out here?!" Ray questioned as he stepped off the bus with Bob following behind him, tired and in the middle of a big long yawn.